The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I'm on a losing streak this week. First the toilet (which I have managed to get back in working order). Now there's a mouse scratching around in my bedroom wall.

TXplt, rando, Jack Ryan and 2 others like this.
  2. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

It's Trump day! Lucky for me, work is going to have me in the next town over.

3. Another long day of driving around not cleaning census cases is over and now it's nap time.

With the current September 30th deadline, I'm going to be extremely busy. For the next couple of weeks.

TXplt, neophyte and Jack Ryan like this.
  4. I've had this really dark cloud of I don't know, depression, PTSD or something descend on me.

I have a free weekend ( no workie Saturday ) and would normally go ride my bike now that I know I can but eh, I was too miserable. I was laying awake at 1:30am and thought: Screw this Ima load the bike up and for a ride so I got up at 4 and did exactly that.

I was at my local McD's getting a drive thru breakfast and as I left I saw a group of younger folk walking through the car park, they musta come from the houses that are at least 1/4 mile away.

But.. They were wearing pajamas... Now this is a very low brow city and folks will wear a onesie to the mall. I've seen worse..

But this one guy had one long PJ's ( in my state?? It's like Arizona and Florida rolled together ) a dressing gown and slippers...

It's Spring here and easily 70F at 5am.

It was just weird. I figured they were from another state or sumfin..

TXplt, Jaison, Jack Ryan and 3 others like this.
  5. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Maybe they were headed to your local version of our Walmart?

TXplt, rando and Jaison like this.
  6. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    Just another day at Walmart for around here.

I haven't been inside a walmart since about January so I wind up doing the parking lot shuffle moving toward "our spot" where I nearly always park if I can for the wife to come out so we can load up. It is almost as entertaining as sitting in the mall used to be. Actually hits just about every emotion if you sit there and watch long enough.

shanebrews, TXplt, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  7. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That’s the first thing that came to mind, too.

Classic local Walmart attire. Not Kroger, Food Lion, Aldi’s, or Safeway. Just Walmart.

8. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    This is funny because my neighbor works at a Walmart nearest to us. He stopped over last night while I was outback and we talked a bit. He said how that walmart is a circus and he is stressed each day from the crap he deals with. Then he brought up all the people coming into store with Pajama's on and the dirty azzed slippers he said is sickening. He said you have to wear a mask for germs but these slippers were carrying worlds of germs. You are right about them being from another State. They come from a State of Confusion.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Cyrano, TXplt, Huey Rider and 5 others like this.
  9. There is a relatively normal looking guy who I've seen wearing a little black cocktail dress walking around the local shopping center. he stares people down like he's daring you to say something.

Which I guess is okay? he's not fruity he's just spoiling for a fight.

10. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I would leave that alone. Also I cant imagine a guy getting into an argument with him and fighting. Then losing the fight having to explain that a guys in a dress kicked his azz. Yeah I dont mess with those fruit cakes.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    TXplt and neophyte like this.
  11. A friends younger brother is kind of crazy. He rides around on a bicycle gesturing and talking LOUD to himself. I've seen standing beside a fixed speed camera wearing a police woman's outfit a stripper would wear.

He's something of a provocateur.

But I do know, that Ivan can FIGHT. Back when he kinda normal he was drunk and crashed his car into a sign near his home. He limped the car home and 2 car loads of police turned up to arrest him.

He beat the living daylights out of 3 of them at once, it took 4 or 5 to subdue him.

My friend Warren was never pleased to be associated with him ( ie; that *&^% is your BROTHER?? ) but he was proud of him that day.

12. It's the Bass Pro NRA night race at Bristol so if anybody needs me there'd better be broken bones, excessive blood or somebody better be dying!

#4 for the win, #14 to the round of 12!!!

13. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Alright. Took the MIL shopping, a five hour nightmare. cleaned the pond pumps, cut out the dead pond vegetation. Wife is vacuuming the pond, since I wouldn't let her disassemble the heavy glass sliding door to the sun porch (NO! YOU JUST HAD SURGERY, AND YOU ARE OVER DOING IT!)

TXplt, neophyte and Merle like this.
  14. Gun Junkie

Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

Done and done!

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  15. Still happy dancing about it. #10 making the cut is a bonus :D

During the last 20 laps Hubby swears he heard Zeus say Go Kevin after I hollered it...lol

Cyrano, neophyte and Gun Junkie like this.
  16. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

working on my 3rd cup of coffee and thinking about putting down some grass seed.
    Might go wash my truck then take the wife to some farm thing she wants to see.
    We will end up later watching the Chiefs and Chargers game with friends.

neophyte and TXplt like this.
  17. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Back in the DFW area. Went to the range yesterday and tested the G23 with the carry ammo and shot a bit. While many LE's have abandoned the 40 and gone back to the 9, I really like the round and it definitely has more 'thump' to it.

9 is really scarce to buy more of these days; grateful I have excellent reserves and can shoot the 'renewable' revolver rounds as much as I want. Also have a fair bit of .40 target which will get me by and I'll be on the lookout for deals when they start happening again--not expecting anything anytime soon.

Gotta cut (more lol) grass here but it's way small compared to everything else I've been doing.

I DID discover ANOTHER small chip in the windshield (no idea where I got it). The insight has a REALLY expensive windshield (due to the LKAS, camera, and calibration--stuff I don't have alot of need for and would rather not have it if it drives up windshield costs)--making it a comprehensive claim if replaced. The chip's small and USAA has a free repair service (with safelite) so's I'll be getting it repaired so it doesn't become a big crack. No cracks on 50K worth of driving and now 2 on the same trip. Guess that's how it works.

FortyXDM, neophyte, Merle and 2 others like this.
  18. Just another day in Paradise. On the countdown for surgery Monday morning. Had to get some pre op testing on Friday so we are staying the weekend with family here in the valley of the .
    Had a lot of family over for burgers and brats last evening. My daughter came in from Tucson as well.
    So now it's the countdown to Monday morning 0500.

noelekal, TXplt, Huey Rider and 3 others like this.
  19. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Blackrock: Sir; We will keep you in our prayers

TXplt, Blackrock and Jaison like this.
  20. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Loafing today. Got the front yard cleaned up & worst of it mowed yesterday. Because of cooler temps & lack of rain, the grass really hasn't grown much, except where the aerobic system sprays, so mostly got pine straw with the bagger. It was a bit windy, so unless it calms down, can't burn.:(

TXplt and neophyte like this.