The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Went down the hill to replace a light switch and fixture in the bathroom for my buddy's widow. Now we have to buy one for her kitchen. If we could find a way to just replace her rickety mobile home, we would.

TXplt, ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  2. I'm done for the day. The grass is cut, including the front hill. Got more seasoned wood cut down to length and stacked. Pulled out more to work on tomorrow or Tuesday depending on how pestering people to do the census goes.

And Tampa Bay handed the Panthers their butts 31 - 17. Life is good :)

Cyrano, TXplt, neophyte and 1 other person like this.

3. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Heading out to a family cookout. Dogs, burgers, and screaming brats.

Heading there with a NTM Glock 22. Police trade in from a buddy’s gun shop. The guy trading it walked out the door and I bought it.

It needs a little work, so might do a before and after for them whats interested (genuine Appalachian talk).

Cyrano, TXplt, neophyte and 1 other person like this.
  4. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    What shall I make for dinner? Lettuce wraps, or grilled chicken legs?

neophyte likes this.
  5. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    I wrapped grilled chicken legs in lettuce.

6. Got my case list for the day. One nasty trailer park just outside of town, one senior citizen "warehouse" and one senior citizen apartment complex. Yippee. :rolleyes:

rando and neophyte like this.
  7. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    The ball finally dropped. My MIL's neurologist made it official. My MIL has frontal lobe dementia.

8. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Huh? What?: Sir, We will keep “Mrs.’Huh? What”,you,
    “Mother’in’LAW’ Huh? What?) in our prayers

Jaison and Huh? What? like this.
  9. Huh? What?

Central AZ
  10. I'm sorry to hear that. You all have a long, hard road ahead of you. :(

neophyte and Jaison like this.
  11. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My prayers for you. Patience and understanding are going to be the key factors from now on.

neophyte, ncnascarlady and Jaison like this.
  12. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    My free cement mixer was worth about that much. So I mixed 8 bags of concrete in the wheel barrow today and carted them down to the culvert I'm putting back together and was GLAD to be doing it.

The other end is "the" project for tomorrow.

Killed a couple beavers right at sundown this evening and may be one more. Got a good hit but couldn't follow up on that last one. I can count 'em as they float by the next couple days. The water isn't running very much right now.

neophyte likes this.
  13. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Sorry to hear this. I have heard a few others lately with this terrible illness. My ex who lives in W.V. on the farm is suffering from it. She is like 7 years younger than me and found out she has it recently. Hers is a rapid type and taking over quick I was told. Two of my sons have been driving there helping her with things and they live like 8 fours away. They took her drivers license away and her nursing job is gone. Very sad stuff.

neophyte likes this.
  14. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Honest to God, there are times when I wonder if Princess Whinybitch's brain works properly.

This all started when the leftists pigs tried to make a big deal about how Trump "disrespected servicemen" by calling them losers and "refusing" to visit an American military cemetery in France on the centennial Armistice Day two years ago. The White House countered by producing records showing that what happened that day was the weather was too bad for him to fly to the memorial as had been planned, and the Secret Service balked at driving him to the cemetery, two hours each way, when they did not have a secure route and they were in a foreign country. Trump did attend a memorial service at one of the American cemeteries a couple of days later. The White House also sharply pointed out the President never talked about servicemen that way.

Before they had to back down in the face of the evidence they had lied to the American People, the leftist pigs of the lamestream media and the Democraps urged people to post on Twitter reports on what their family members had done in the war(s) compared to Mister Bone Spurs. PWB wrote and posted a brief precis of Dad's service from Oran and the Kasbah Fort, to Sicily, to clearing Cherbourg, to the Battle of the Hurtgen Forest where he was wounded for the second time and flown home to spend the next four years in an Army hospital, noting that he came home with a Bronze Star, two Purple Hearts, a Good Conduct Medal, and the CIB.

That was what gave her the idea of creating a shadow box honoring Dad. Courtesy of Mom, we have his medals (she had contacted the records center at St. Louis and requested replacement medals for the ones he had received, that disappeared over the course of several moves in his lifetime), but not a couple of relevant things, such as his cap insignia, his 9th Division shoulder patch, and his "shootin' iron," his Expert Marksman qualification badge with Rifle, Pistol, and Submachine Gun clasps. Fortunately, these are easy to find on eBay. Which finally brings me to my point.

The Expert Marksman badge with the Submachine Gun clasp arrived today. She saw it and jumped in my oatmeal, wanting to know why I was buying Nazi regalia (as if I ever would!). It took me a minute to get across to the twit that this was a genuine World War II sterling silver U.S. Army qualification badge my dad was entitled to; that the Army had used the cross pattee badges since before World War I; and that an American qualification badge was no relation at all to the Iron Cross of Imperial, Weimar, Nazi, or Federal Germany. The arms of the cross aren't even the same shape; the Army uses a straight line on the edges of the arms, while the Germans use curved lines, what in heraldry is sometimes called a cross formee. And the Iron Cross she remembers from war movies is about three times the size of the qualification badge, and it does not have the laurel wreath of the Expert Marksman badge.

Would it kill Princess Whinybitch to ask questions before teeing off on me?

Merle, Gray Wolf, rando and 3 others like this.
  15. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for you and your family.

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  16. It probably would. Besides, you know she knows all there is to know about everything, so why would she ask.

Merle, rando and neophyte like this.
  17. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Iron Cross:

upload_2020-9-22_8-52-40.png

Expert Marksman Badge:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Merle and neophyte like this.
  18. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I ordered a mountain house bucket (24 meals) like.... forever ago just before all the COVID BS.... or about when it was all OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!! BUY ALLLLLL THE TOILET PAPER!!!! panic...

Not because I was panicking over stupid Covid... :rolleyes: but because I was just buying some more stuff to add to the general supplies of my emergency stash... and a Mountain House bucket is something I can store in my place for years and then it would be really easy to throw in the truck if I had to evacuate for well...anything... natural disaster or whatever....

so it was just my bad luck that me trying to buy one of these was at the same time of all the COVID panic buying started... stuff was out of stock and back ordered for ever.... This was probably back in March...

Sometime in July (four months later) or so I got a call from the distributor...

"Hi... we are going through calling everyone who placed an order with us months ago... we are still backlogged... we have no idea when we will be able to fullfill your order... do you want to keep it open or do you want a refund?

I said to keep the order open...

Well today 6 months after I placed the order, Fedex just dropped off a box... I was like wtf is this? I wasn't expecting anything....

Yup... it was my Mountain House bucket of meals! lol.... 6 months later... it was like waiting for an NFA item to clear with the ATF lol.

So into the storage pantry it goes.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  19. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Lol.....better than TXPlt's redneck plan of 5 gallon buckets (with sealing lid) filled with rice.

Those things sure are useful.

neophyte and TACAV like this.
  20. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Cherish life while it's here.

neophyte and TACAV like this.