The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Relaxing for the night and trying to decide what to do with some pieces of walnut I saved from a firewood pile. Might post pics of the pieces tomorrow.

graybeard, TXplt, rando and 3 others like this.
  2. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

Indiana
    Finally.

IMG_4637.JPG
    Straw and grass seed all down. Its a wrap.

graybeard, TXplt, Rocky7 and 6 others like this.

3. aht_six

aht_six G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Minnesota
    Went to the range with the Mrs. today. For pistols she shot her Buckmark, Bersa .380, and my 686 Mountain Gun. She really likes shooting the 686 with .38 specials.

She’s been asking to try the AR15-22. I think it’s her new favorite. She shoots it well.

graybeard, TXplt, rando and 7 others like this.
  4. You were dead on the money marrying her you see.

graybeard, rando, Merle and 3 others like this.
  5. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

I just got off the phone with Christian, we talked for an hour I think. We had a couple of laughs about Air Force vs. Marine Corps. Being the Marine that I am, I have naturally taught him to make a bed Marine style.

Well he said the first day they were given bedding and told to make their beds. Since nobody seemed to know how to make a bed, Christian showed them all how he had been taught to do it.

Instructor comes in and says who in the he!! told them to make a bed like a Marine! LOL

On the more personal level, I am now requalified on the 747-400. Took my check ride this morning. It went very well.:)

graybeard, rando, MRT NH 72 and 10 others like this.
  6. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Congratulations to him and you and my continued thanks for his service. Best of luck to him in his continuance of the journey.

graybeard, rando, Jaison and 2 others like this.
  7. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

C
    Resawed a piece of Walnut and glued up a possible serving tray out of it. also resawed a piece of Red Cedar and will make two trays out of it. Headed out early for the dinner at the Granddaughter's. Stopped at a sporting goods place called Scheel's where I have found decent ammo deals lately. Bought the 200 round limit of 223 for $8 a box. Seems like a reasonable price for Wolf steel case. Probably should have had the wife grab some also. The wolf was just about the only thing they had plenty of on the shelves. some 12 ga, no 20ga,or 38,45, or even 22. 380 was also non existent. :oops:

graybeard, rando, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  8. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

The pooch let me sleep in an extra hour and a half this morning. Now, he's passed out in my lap at the table. I never thought I'd like a little lap dog, but now, I'm not sure that I can go without one.

9. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Making an Air Force Bed...

Step 1 - make sure your memory foam mattress is straight on the frame.
    Step 2 - install mattress sham, making sure it is properly centered.
    Step 3 - put on 400 thread count fitted sheet, pulling it all the way down on all sides.
    Step 4 - spread out 400 thread count top sheet, tucking it in at the bottom, and if it's not too much trouble, attempt to use hospital corners.
    Step 5 - lay out down comforter, centering it on the bed. Fold top back five or six inches, so it looks like you might be at a hotel.
    Step 6 - put pillow cases on all four of your pillows, and arrange them on the bed, using the pillows that match the comforter to hide the pillows that match the sheets.
    Step 7 - put after-dinner mints on pillows.

graybeard, Cyrano, shanebrews and 5 others like this.
  10. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    They can be useful. You can pick them up easily to wipe your mouth on, if you don't have a napkin.

blue fox, austinjoe13 and neophyte like this.
  11. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Step 8. Lay out pajamas and matching robe and slippers. :D

12. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    Yeah, I missed that one. But, it should be a velvet smoking jacket.

13. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Blue Fox do you have a wood working shop and do this for a hobby? I noticed a few members on here do wood working for a hobby and some sell their products. My one son just bought a complete inventory from a closed wood shop. His neighbor down the road retired and my son bought all his commercial tools. Also all hardware and exotic wood too came with it. He is setting up shop in his huge basement last few weeks. He said its large equipment from planers, table saws, bandsaws, joiners, lathes and more. He said that he is going to make furniture I think and other stuff.

14. 6 hours, 26 cases, 121 miles round trip and I'm beat. I've still got 23 cases I can call from the comfort of my recliner to do to completely finish out my day if I want to. The trick is going be getting them done between the end of the Panthers football game and the beginning of the race in Las Vegas.

graybeard, TXplt, Gray Wolf and 3 others like this.
  15. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Alberta
    Just got back from my annual elk trip. Never saw one. I did get to spend time in God's backyard.

[​IMG]

I hate industrial logging.

[​IMG]

Still, the view out the tent every morning was tolerable...

[​IMG]

I did see 6 grizzlies, including these two yearlings. They didn't get the memo about being endangered. These two were paying no attention to me and seemed focussed on something in the bush to the left. They scooted right and a big, lean grizzly with an injured paw came trotting out after them. I guess it was a male that hasn't put on weight and was thinking about eating a fat yearling. They were smart to leave. Momma probably just cut the apron strings and they were sticking together.

[​IMG]

My partner walked up on a grizzly kill up a mountainside. He was savvy enough to stay away from it as soon as he recognized what it was....and all the fresh bear sh-t around.

Smoke drifted up from those U.S. fires for a couple of days.

[​IMG]

No elk, but a good trip anyway. Saw 3 moose, bunch of mule deer, some whitetails and forgot about most of that civilized crap going on at lower elevations. for a while, anyway.

graybeard, TXplt, grizcty and 11 others like this.
  16. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Rocky7: Sir; Thanks for sharing :)

graybeard, Jaison and Rocky7 like this.
  17. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Brother, time spent in that environment is good even if the hunting wasn't. Kind of puts things right.

graybeard, jerry, Merle and 4 others like this.
  18. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

I dabble out of my garage mainly for my enjoyment and the giving of pleasure to my family and friends. I have sold stuff in the past but I find that trying to fill orders becomes more work than fun. Thus I don't do a lot of filling work orders.. To me the pleasure is in handing something to a family member or friend just to watch the joy in their eyes.

graybeard, jerry, TXplt and 7 others like this.
  19. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Awesome..Also I guess the satisfaction you get from a project well finished

graybeard, jerry, Jaison and 3 others like this.
  20. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Yeah, sometimes I drive the wife nuts because she thinks a project is fantastic but I am not happy with it. I find pleasure in the simple act of bringing out something in a piece of wood, usually just by spending time working with a piece of sandpaper. Again though, the biggest joy is seeing somebody's eyes light up when I give them something I put some time into for them. that seems to be something that is missing in today's world.

graybeard, jerry, Jaison and 4 others like this.