The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ditto, the smiling baby, Rocky! Thank you for posting about your trip.

graybeard, Rocky7 and neophyte like this.
  2. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Something was in the pond last night. Knocked over and tore up the lily and iris pots, stirred up the bottom. Not sure if any of the fish are missing. We can only hope that something ate some of the fish for us in return for tearing up the pond. Could have been a deer, javelina, or racoon.

3. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    Game camera is set in the pond area.

graybeard, rando, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  4. Been meeting up with boss on campus every two weeks for the past 6, he's been saddled with making room for the COVID response team, as in for all of the instrumentation for sampling, but has no say in who gets to work in it. He's offered to create an "internship" for me, just so there's some well known company in the lab (and it gets me out of the house). Any chance my Ford fans can help me out with the name of a car? We talked about many subjects over lunch, and cars came up at the end. There's this one model, it has a front engine an 80s Ferrari, but from there out it looks like a Nissan/Datsun Z of the 70s-80s.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

graybeard likes this.
  5. Ford imported the Pantera in the mid 70s, which would fit the body styling but it was a mid engine car.

The only other option is the GT. Early models might have been front engine but later models were mid.

GoodNeighborSam and neophyte like this.
  6. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ok
    Another weirdo contraption
    Got myself a walk behind tractor with no engine
    But I just happened to have one
    Now I need to install the belts
    Gonna use it for dragging logs and make a snowplow for it FAD0EAAE-5F5E-4BEE-B555-D6DFBE307A6E.jpeg

graybeard, Junction15, Merle and 9 others like this.
  7. Might be weird, but it'll be darn useful!

rando, neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  8. MRT NH 72

MRT NH 72 G&G Evangelist

We had a similar tractor thing when I was in high school. Dad made a 2 wheel flat bed with a seat like an old buckboard. It has way handy around the yard and garden. And fun too. I do not remember the hitch linkage and how it didn't fold in half.

9. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Trying to get awake enough to make a trip up to the range in MO for some new firearm sighting in and testing.

graybeard and neophyte like this.
  10. My get up and go is trying to convince me to crawl back into bed for a couple of hours. But with 27 cases and at least a 200 mile round trip on the books I can't. For some reason the census computer is convinced I can knock this mess out in 4.5 hours, which would be great if the addresses were in all in the same town but they're not. I'm going from the NC/SC border to north of I 40 and not in anything close to a straight line.

The best things (other than getting paid for the time and mileage) about this adventure is getting away from town and seeing some beautiful countryside. I've seen some great places to hunt, beautiful properties for sale and some where I know I've heard banjos.

Then there was the last case on Sunday. I turned off the "main road" onto a well maintained dirt and gravel one. 5 miles and a turn on another dirt road. Okay...the GPS is still working and says I've got 7 miles to go. So far I haven't seen anything scary, just No Trespassing No Hunting signs and a bible camp.

At mile 5 I called it quits. Between the No Trespassing, Monitored by Closed Circuit TV and Violaters Wll Be Prosecuted signs at that point, I wasn't going an inch farther, especially without cell service! Yes, legally I am allowed to ignore the signs, but the last thing I wanted to do was be greeted by someone on a 4 wheeler who thought they had the right to hold me at gun point.

When I documented the case I noted that I didn't feel safe going any farther and the next person to try it should have a badge and a gun. I'm still waiting to hear back about that...lol

graybeard, Merle, rando and 3 others like this.
  11. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

I had a little mishap yesterday. It was a particularly difficult day trying to get my older one to do virtual school while keeping the younger one occupied. I knew little Lola was tired so I determined to try to get her to lay down for a nap. I ended up putting myself to sleep and she got up and sat in on the last hour of kindergarten instruction with her sister!

graybeard, Merle, Huey Rider and 6 others like this.
  12. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    Had javelina in the pond area at quarter to three in the morning, but they didn't stay long.

[​IMG]

graybeard, Merle, Huey Rider and 4 others like this.
  13. Thank you! Knew I could count on ncnascarlady! It is the Pantera we were talking about. Fascinsting design for its era. Personally I am partial to the GT40, I've spent too many late nights just listening/watching people driving their kit builds

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

graybeard, neophyte and Jack Ryan like this.
  14. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    What do you all think about this for a second vehicle?

[​IMG]

graybeard, Merle, Huey Rider and 4 others like this.
  15. billy

It took me two weeks to figure out how to install the belts because of the seven pulleys
    It’s a true manual two speed as in
    Turn it off and physically move a belt from one pulley to another

graybeard, Merle, Cyrano and 3 others like this.
  16. billy

AF8748A4-2D0C-43B8-B7B7-6E877A1C94BB.jpeg

17. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Billy I have used many drill presses and Metal lathes using same design. Changing belts on pulleys for different speeds.

graybeard, Merle, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  18. billy

Me too
    But not on a motor vehicle

neophyte likes this.
  19. billy

You can buy things like that for less than you think

Cyrano likes this.
  20. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

billy: Sir; :)

[​IMG]

The Chieftain takes the advancements of the Centurion a step further. While the Centurion established the concept of the ‘main battle tank’, the Chieftain took the MBT to the next level. When it was produced in the mid-60’s, it was faster than its predecessor with more powerful and versatile weaponry. Additionally, it was designed to outlast the previous tank’s mandated maintenance times. Today, this military tank for sale would cost you about $75,000.