The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Do they have a season on them for hunting or trapping? Time for some pork maybe.

Merle and neophyte like this.
  2. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

We had 'em in west Texas & I was told ONLY if ya can stand the smell while butchering them!:p They also said if you could get a piglet, they were okay.

Merle, neophyte and rando like this.

3. You're welcome. The Pantera is what popped into my mind first but knowing it's a mid engine car I wasn't too sure.

I'm GT40 all the way. Unfortunately even if I could afford one, especially the newest version, Hubby wouldn't let me get it. NC doesn't issue a 12 speeding ticket pack so I could send one in a month. He knows I've got a lead foot.

Merle, GoodNeighborSam and neophyte like this.
  4. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

South Koreans used to (and may still) hitch a wagon behind much larger models of those and haul everything they could pile on the wagon, including family to go to town.

neophyte likes this.
  5. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

modern variety

South Koreans peasant two wheel trailer

upload_2020-9-29_18-38-7.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

7. 23 cases, 164 miles and 7 hours. I'm so tired I can't even nap.

0929201347.jpg

8. Saw this the other day. It's a Mag according to the badge on the front. Looked it up and it's from Japan. Too cute!
    0927201250_exported_0_1601420367163.jpg

neophyte, rando and Huey Rider like this.
  9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    Step 9. Install sleeping dictionary under the covers.

neophyte likes this.
  10. That's exactly what we were talking about, but it was right around when we had to part ways, makes it easy to forget. He was looking at the new Corvette, which is mid engine and that shifted over to the Pantera.

Totally understand with the GT40, speeding tickets would be so worth it though! Or at least joining an auto club where they might have a circuit where you could truly drive a beast like that. Have you looked into the kit cars from Superformance (and there's one other place in the midwest I can't remember)?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  11. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    They have a hunting season.

neophyte and rando like this.
  12. rando

Maryland
    I hope they are not towing that pop up camper behind it

neophyte likes this.
  13. Umm....considering my lead foot and the interstates around here, it's far too easy to cruise at 100 mph and not notice. Or at least it is for me. I routinely catch myself doing 75 in the CRV. Can you imagine how bad it would be in a GT? LOL

Haven't looked into the kits because I'm not sure if I can build it myself. Considering what I could find at a junk yard to build it on,I might end up in just as much trouble. :D

GoodNeighborSam and neophyte like this.
  14. Here's the original picture. Don't think they are but the jetski is a possibility. 0927201250_exported_0_1601430459977.jpg

Love that they've turned the big trailer into a camping toy hauler

Huey Rider, neophyte and rando like this.
  15. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Looks kinda similar to the Volkswagen Campmobile we had in the 70s. Main difference was ours had a pop up top.

neophyte likes this.
  16. rando

Maryland
    Thats a heavy trailer and looks like a car hauler trailer converted. I want one of those little vans if I can fit into it without being folded over as I am 6'4 Should be good on fuel

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  17. rando and neophyte like this.
  18. rando

Maryland
    I like the one with the pickup bed also. Good little vehicle for hauling, yard stuff and hauling wood, mulch, and building supplies. They said they get about 30 MPG. Also they apparently are offering these more and more in the USA Hope they start importing some of these type into the USA. Very few places have them in the states

19. neophyte likes this.
  20. So lucky to have interstate like that! I have two lane roads out east where I can get my 92 6 banger 4runner up to 85. (Not bad for a little v6 and 5 speed transmission). A GT40, worth it, totally worth it! I might have to spring for that Gurney Bubble though, late growth spurt, I'm finding less and less tolerance.

Kits are fun to day dream about, I know I don't have the knowledge or equipment to make one, but I'd be happy to have a competent mechanic that could! A new vintage supercar for the proce of a new sports car. Despite today's technology, nothing is really as hot as the true OG's of the sport.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk