The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Spent $75 on spices this morning. Need to vacuum the pond. Need to go to town and buy groceries for the cookout.

2. Trying to get some walking in as part of my rehab/recovery after my surgery and the OL is afraid I'm going to overdo it. So me and my big dog get up early and I knock out my half mile before she stirs from bed. She gets up and I'm drinking my coffee and then I get up and take all the rest of the pups out and knock out another half mile
    Doing it that way and with another couple of strolls out to the main road is getting me about three miles of walking in each day.
    It feels good to get the pump running and there is no pain or discomfort involved.

3. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Good deal. Glad you are feeling better and recovering.

TXplt, Jaison and neophyte like this.
  4. aht_six

aht_six G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Minnesota
    We got about 6 inches, there was more to the south side of the cities. Looks like tomorrow’s snow may pass north of us.

It’s been some time since we had a white Halloween.

BigEd63, rando, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  5. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

IMG_0574.jpeg IMG_1330.jpeg IMG_1339.jpeg
    I tend to like to run with the SOB tac 2-points but it comes down to whatever fits your situation and allows for comfortable carry--a sling is kind of like a holster and it's hard to look in from the outside and see what 'fits'.

On the M4s, I like the sling around the stock or brace in the aft, and somewhere that works for me in the front. On the scorpion it works well between the 2 left sling lugs. Sometimes the front attach is a bit more aft on the gun than I'd like but I'm still kinda getting used to this for all the different outdoor situations I run into (even though I've been doing it for awhile) and what I've got seems to be good enough for now.

I might go from areas whose temperature changes quite a bit meaning that outer garments may or may not be there and the quick adjust allows me to get a baseline for slinging and then tweek it easily around coats and other stuff I might be wearing which I wasn't wearing before.

The harder part has always been if you're running with it across the front to make sure the mag doesn't hit ya in the nuts but maybe I'm a slow learner or just unlucky.

Huey Rider, BigEd63 and rando like this.
  6. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    My repair parts for my grill came in. Never got an acknowledgement that I ordered them, or an e-mail that they were shipped, but they arrived two days after I ordered them.

TXplt, Moroco Mole and rando like this.
  7. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    Good results with the new dog collar.

Finished/quit my walnut project for this year. Had to get the extension ladder out to reach limbs to hang up the last few baskets. Thats enough. Should be set on walnuts well in to spring.

ncnascarlady, TXplt and Jaison like this.
  8. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I was hungry and just made some corn bread. I have made apple/cinnamon muffins but not cornbread for years. Looks good and done. Getting ready to get it out of the oven and put a little butter on it while hot. Used to eat it with meals but just cornbread for tonight.

shanebrews, TXplt and Jaison like this.
  9. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Seem to have finished the barrel of the Hawken. Removed the rust and cold blued what needed bluing.

Did the furniture earlier.

After the stock is redone, will post some after pics.

BigEd63, rando, austinjoe13 and 3 others like this.
  10. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

I learned the "ping" shooting competition decades ago. The difference between a "clip" and a "mag.".

shanebrews and TXplt like this.
  11. shanebrews

shanebrews G&G Evangelist

One of my Granny's favorite breakfasts is cornbread and milk (basically a porridge) with cornbread from the day before.

12. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Weather permitting
    I get serious about building the sulky today
    I think I’ve got all the steel welding wire and cutting wheels I need 4C90CDFB-1A7D-441A-BEDD-07B41CA846D6.jpeg

13. billy

Mocking up different things for the sulky 8CD3F246-2694-483D-B513-E70BA80B27B2.jpeg

14. billy

And yes
    I am nutty enough to spend my Saturday morning fooling around in the dark at 27f

rando, austinjoe13, TXplt and 4 others like this.
  15. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    Pond is vacuumed. Still have to go into the pond to move lilies around and transplant some irises. Then I have to backflush and refill. BTW - frogbit is a royal pain in the *** when vacuuming.

Later I have to run to town to pick up a few items, and get bloodwork done at the clinic. And replace the burners and crossover tube on my grill.

ncnascarlady, neophyte and rando like this.
  16. Had minor outpatient surgery this morning, all went well, now to get the biopsy results.

Other than that, still taking apart the tree. And after going several rounds with Amazon, my chainsaw finally got here. Looks like it's going to do everything I need it to and a lot more easily than if I have to mess with the gas one. Once I get the new exterior outlet wired up that is.

TXplt, neophyte and Cyrano like this.
  17. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    You actually drank it. You're just having a senior moment.

TXplt, blue fox and neophyte like this.
  18. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    I can see how that becomes a hasty rifleman's sling, but how do you make it a proper rifleman's sling?

neophyte likes this.
  19. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    Drank what?

20. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    I will say it's not initially intended to be used in that manner: if you are referring to either a loop or cuff firmly around the bicep of the supporting arm.
    However, I have given it some thought. It's just that it's a risk of turning one model into a real Jack of all trades master of none.
    I would have to give it some field testing in that manner before making any claims in that regard.
    In the past I've never been happy using a web sling in that manner compared to a quality leather 1907 pattern sling.
    However I got a few ideas kicking around in my head.
    After all I'm dealing with prototypes and I won't rule out more than one model or an adapter for a shooters cuff.

To be honest after being diagnosed a type 2 diabetic I've not given much thought to sling use and designs that in effect act as a tourniquet around my left arm.

Back in Black: New sling to test!
    IMG_20201022_192305775.jpg

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    TXplt, Jaison, neophyte and 1 other person like this.