The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

I will be going hunting tomorrow. The lady is having a girls weekend, so I’m gonna see if I can go fill the freezer.

graybeard, TXplt, 455rocket and 3 others like this.
  2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Awesome . I am glad of your surprise. I have been through the same thing with my son when he was in the Air Force. Glad you got to see him . Enjoy the little bit of time you all have together.

graybeard, TXplt, 455rocket and 2 others like this.

3. Lunatic Dizzy

Lunatic Dizzy G&G Newbie

Looking to add to things to my AR15, so I can use it for White Tails this year. Definitely gonna throw a scope at it, but am looking at some other things. Oh, and got my first write up at work. That was fun...

graybeard, TXplt, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  4. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

A lot of good info in the AR15 section under military firearms. A lot of people hunt with an AR15 variant. Myself I hunt coyote with mine.

5. austinjoe13

Hunting was a bust, but I saw about 20 deer at sunrise. They were about 400 yards away, though...

3FB3D878-6630-4C5A-B889-56F5178E6A51.jpeg

graybeard, TXplt, BigEd63 and 4 others like this.
  6. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
  7. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    When the ribs tear loose and fall onto the drip tray, the ribs are done.

[​IMG]

The spread...

[​IMG]

The local fire department guys just left. They came down to take food back to the guys on duty today.

graybeard, TXplt, BigEd63 and 8 others like this.
  8. Got to try my new electric chainsaw today and I love it! It's going to be a huge help getting the tree finished up this coming week. My only complaint is it's got a chain brake like a gas saw and I kept hitting it when I shifted my grip. But that's my fault, not the Sam's. I have to get used to it being there. The self sharpener is going to be a huge help the more I use it.

On the other hand, I got some bad news about the front brakes on the car. The left front caliper needs to be replaced very soon. As in the next couple of weeks. It's safe for running local errands as long as we combine them, but not for going out of town. J can't do it (he's working an insane schedule right now), so I'm going to call the shop Monday. I wish I could do it myself, but it's way above my pay grade. :rolleyes:

graybeard, TXplt, Junction15 and 3 others like this.
  9. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Was a time that, even though not mechanically inclined, I did my own brake jobs, but wouldn't dream of it on today's cars.:oops:

TXplt, Junction15, BigEd63 and 2 others like this.
  10. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Gonna kick back a few hours and watch Mighty Joe Young on TV.

Written and co-produced by one of my real life heroes Merian C. Cooper.

11. Huh? What?

Central AZ
    They're talking about possible snow here Monday night.

12. austinjoe13

The pooch has a vet appointment on Tuesday. He’s still been awfully picky with his food. He had scrambled eggs this morning and ate ok. I boiled up some chicken and rice for him, and he’s been picking at it. He is a lot more like himself this evening because of it. I tried to give him his eyedrops, and he was like “NOPE, OUTTA MY FACE DAD.” He’s been trotting around after the lady more actively, like he usually does. Beef broth has been added to his water for electrolytes. I’m thinking he doesn’t really like it, though.

graybeard, TXplt and neophyte like this.
  13. I stopped doing my own brakes a while ago. It dawned on me that not just my life depended on me getting it right.

TXplt, neophyte and BigEd63 like this.
  14. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The newer power assist brake systems make it dangerous to work on them without the right tools and knowledge.

Cyrano, TXplt, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  15. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    I went over to look at the house next door for sale. Disappointing to say the least. Only thing more scary than owning it is thinking about what kind of people might buy it and live in that. So that is hanging out there in limbo for now.

Got my Burris pistol scope set up in the scout rifle configuration today and shot a few through the M1. 1 at 25yd. 3 at 60 yards and then finished the clip with the last 4 shots from 135 yards. Nothing decisive but even with it being the sight in for the new installation they are all on a pie plate. Not what I'd call good enough but I don't like to have ALL my fun in one day any way.

neophyte and Merle like this.
  16. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Evangelist

Dug out my old Winchester 120 Ranger shotgun, and the 1300 slug barrel that came with it. Was going to take it to the local gun show tomorrow but can't find the choke tubes, and too tired to dig tonight.

Maybe next month....

graybeard, neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  17. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

C'mon man you know you could have made that shot. :D

18. That's another reason why I don't mess with brakes anymore. There are way too many ways to screw up!

TXplt and neophyte like this.
  19. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

When I was fixin' my brakes, no such thing as calipers or power assist! You had shoes & a brake drum on all 4 wheels. Main caution was being sure if the drums needed machining & the wheel cylinder was okay.

20. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Evangelist

Brake? Oh yeah, the unused pedal between the clutch and the gas pedals.

graybeard, Cyrano, TXplt and 3 others like this.