The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Thank You J.J. I appreciate it.

Jaison and TXplt like this.
  2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

rando: Sir; Happy Birthday :) another year :) another adventure :)

rando likes this.

3. rando

Maryland
    Thank You Craig. I always enjoy your posts, comments and links. Have a good day Sir.

neophyte likes this.
  4. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

I got home about 3am this morning. Flew Chicago-Halifax-Anchorage. We picked up 102 metric tonnes (about 240,000 pounds) of lobster headed for China. My guess is that the CCP has a celebration coming up.

Hmm.

graybeard, austinjoe13, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  5. LeftHandShooter

LeftHandShooter G&G Evangelist

All I got from my son was a text "happy birthday old man".

I did get 4 emails wishing me a HB from gun forums I have not been to in years - one has been over 6 years ago. G&G was NOT one of them.

6. rando

Maryland
    I have two older sons and never heard from them. They are busy though and one has four young kids of his own and works like 60hrs a week so I understand. Got an email from a brother and one sister though.

Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  7. LeftHandShooter

I got a card from my brother who I told last may to never bother me again. The only reason it didn't go straight into the shredder was the wife opened it. I then put it in the shredder.
    Talked to other brother who never mentioned it, and got a text from my twin AFTER I texted it to him.

8. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

9. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Sometimes we need to realize how important the little things are. Last night we were getting annoyed because the fueler was an hour late. My phone rings and on the other end is my kid, probably bored on a Sunday night, calling just to talk.

I love it.

10. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Central AZ
    Nine trees down today. Two more tomorrow. Plus trimming the dead wood out of a couple of pines. The wood that was worth burning is cut into appropriate lengths and stacked to dry. The branches are chipped into mulch.

Went back and did another count. Thirteen trees today and three small trees tomorrow. You can barely see that any trees are missing. We are replanting trees in a few places. My wife wants another magnolia, and I want a couple of fruit trees.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    graybeard, Cyrano, TXplt and 5 others like this.
  11. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

The weirdest this happened today at work. We are getting some dump sites prepped for trash compactors on the Red Lake Reservation. We pulled up to the second site, and a lady popped out of her car and yelled, "do you guys want to buy some old playboys???" We were very apprehensive, and she jokingly said they belonged to her grandfather. She said they were 70's issues, and that they were in good shape. Well, they were both. My journeyman was saying his neighbor collects old mags and would get a kick out of them. We looked up a couple, too, and they were going for decent money. So, we bought them, and that will be the running joke for break time for a LONG time :D

graybeard, Stickman, TXplt and 6 others like this.
  12. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Yah, you sure don’t see that every day. Ha!

Tie in, sir-

Was going through some of my Dad’s stuff the other day and found three Playboys he’d squirreled away in a drawer.

Wish I’d known about them before he passed just to give him a ration of good humored ball busting.

graybeard, TXplt, austinjoe13 and 3 others like this.
  13. LeftHandShooter

Got a text from my one brother late yesterday. Seems Mom texted him for not texting my twin or me on our birthday Sunday. I knew it - didn't care.

She needs to worry about her business and not mine.

TXplt and neophyte like this.
  14. MRT NH 72

MRT NH 72 G&G Evangelist

Happy Birthday Lefty. How's your wrist healing up? I had carpel tunnel surgery and over did it too soon. I hope you are taking care.

TXplt, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  15. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I’ve got an old generator that runs fine but the exhaust hole is stripped in the aluminum
    There’s not enough room to drill and tap
    And since I don’t own a 1” tap I broke down and used some high temp putty crap
    It does have two anchor points but deep in my heart
    I don’t think it’ll work 62EF5A86-8458-4779-91DD-D51F59C13671.jpeg

graybeard, TXplt, Merle and 3 others like this.
  16. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I’m going to use an electric clock with sweep second have to adjust the hertz
    Warm up gen
    Plug clock into it
    And using a second clock on my phone
    Adjust idle until they both read one minute at the same time
    That adjusts the hertz and rpms

graybeard, Junction15, Cyrano and 6 others like this.
  17. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

According to the late Paul Harvey, you need some J.B. Weld! He made a bolt for his tractor!:rolleyes:

graybeard, TXplt, Merle and 2 others like this.
  18. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan G&G Evangelist

home
    Chair blind 74 a.jpg Went out for a walk around some close to the house hunting spots this afternoon. Took Duke,his pager, my Colt and the Nylon 66, camera, GPS, snuff box full of 22, 2 extra mags of 10mm, 2 cans of spray paint, camera, and Leatherman.

Walked the property line and freshened up the "purple paint"trees and added a blaze orange paint line around the tree at the top and bottom of the purple.

Checked out and freshened up a couple hiding spots I've used for years and kicked the leaves out of them and such. Just the stuff I'd do soon as I stepped in to it on opening day.

Last summer we were doing a little picking up and moving around "stuff" and the wife was tossing around my garage sale plastic lawn chairs. Kinda hurt my feeling the way she obviously didn't see ANY value in "that junk you bring home". We had a pretty good long talk that day about what is "good" or not good.

To her it was tossed out worthless junk. To me it was something I took the time to cut the other three legs off. Made the effort to get out the drill and make it so there wasn't a place on it that could hold water and get your butt wet no matter how it was setting or laying and with just a free rubber bungee I could make it stay still in the woods by its self for a year until I need it again and it would be right where I left it.

rando, TXplt, TACAV and 3 others like this.
  19. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Breakfast time is bestest time! :cool:

Bfast.jpg

graybeard, Huey Rider, rando and 7 others like this.