close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

Went to a "new to us" church this morning. My 2nd time there. The preacher commented about being in his mid 40's. I must be aging rather well. I just hit the big 50 and he looks older than me.:D:D:D:D

Went to a local Mesican Restaurant for lunch. The oldest daughter (the College Kid) ordered Taco "Salad" without lettuce...
    downloadfile-8.jpg

2. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Pork coming along. Need to go make barbecue sauce.

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.

3. I dont wanna jinx myself
    But i think the ambulance might be mechanically done.
    I will keep taking it on short trips and if nothing pops up
    I will completely trust it to go anywhere.
    If so
    Now comes the fun part
    Painting and tidying up the interior.
    Restoring all the cool plates on the dash
    New steering wheel etc.
    I LOVE this part of a build

Cyrano, neophyte, SUBMOA and 2 others like this.
  4. Its national bill makes a ton of tamales day!
    I have a sheaf of corn husks soaking and the pork already shredded and spiced.
    I use my mixer for the masa.
    And i will use the pressure canner to cook all of them at once

austinjoe13 and CountryBoy like this.
  5. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

DOT pulled a audit on our company and my records of hours of service got selected as a random profile of one of several drivers they audited. They said I was pretty good so that was a relief. My problem is the government dictating when I can work, when I must take a 1/2 hr break , when I must take a 10 hr break to supposedly sleep, and when my week is up must take a 34hr break. I and many others feel that their rules make the industry less safe than more safe. Aggravating! So my company said make logs T totally match everything I do within parameters of legal operation, :mad: and , you will be going on electronic logs, :mad: . If this doesn't pan out pay wise I may be in search of new employment. :(

6. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

Being a fellow mechanic as you know, I have always been close to DOT rules and such but not directly involved as you are currently. Well I guess I was when I drove the F550, just lucky I wasn't generally in their sights.

I have heard and read articles that DOT rules and regs havent seen a major overhaul in lots and lots of years. Just an occasional tweak here and there.

I also agree with your thoughts about the Gov being able to tell you when you can and can't work, how long you have to rest and when and how long breaks to take.

They act like every accident ever had is due to some poor trucker that's been sleep deprived ease his company made him drive 4 days without a nap to care for a special customer. I don't have stats, maybe this is true. I don't hear a lot about anything of the sort in the news. Actually I hear of numerous more auto accidents than trucking accidents.

Anyhow, I can sort of relate to your thoughts. Hope everything works out to the good for you.

neophyte and SUBMOA like this.
  7. BTW
    If you dont use pork and lard in these.
    Your tamales are dead to me FB_IMG_1490033516149.jpg

neophyte, TACAV, Stickman and 3 others like this.
  8. SUBMOA

I had a tamale once a long time ago. I don't remember anything about it. Must have been ok as I remember I don't dislike it. Show us a little bit about the end results please.

neophyte and CountryBoy like this.
  9. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Are you sure you want to see what you just asked for???????? LOL!!!

10. He's gonna have to wait a while

thrillbilly likes this.
  11. SUBMOA

I already saw the end results I was looking for! Lol !

CountryBoy and Ten Man like this.
  12. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana

Start and finish look about the same.

13. As a bonus
    The large bone and whatever i dont use gets put in a smaller pressure cooker for a couple hours until the bone is soft
    The dogs LOVE IT.
    And since i dont season the roast
    It is good for them

neophyte and TACAV like this.
  14. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    Time to go to work and head back north. Darwin was fun, rainy, but fun.

We found out too late that there is an aviation/war museum here that has all kinds of aircraft formerly operated by the RAAF. Everything from a Curtiss Warhawk to an F-111 and a Mirage III.

There is also a great exibit of the bombing of Darwin by the Japanese in WW2. Apparently it is world class, in any case a reason to go back sometime.

15. Yesterday afternoon was one of those days...

I now know why Hubby's CRV is hemorrhaging oil, and it's not something I can fix. It seems when his father had the head gasket replaced to fix a minor oil leak, the moron of a mechanic he used messed up the oil sensor plug thingy. It wasn't bad after that because they used the CVR as their back-up and around town car. But once Hubby got it when the Jeep went down, the leak exploded into a 3 qts. every couple of days disaster. It's not something our shade tree mechanic can fix for the cost of the part and a good meal, either, because of where the stupid plug thing is. The car needs to go on a lift, you need mirrors and specialty tools to get it done, none of which we have access to.

Then I was going to cut the grass because the yard looks like a flipping hayfield. That didn't happen either. The battery on the riding mower is dead. As in turn the key and nothing happens dead. Since I was annoyed about the car, I didn't feel like bringing to the mower to jump the mower. Which means I've got to do it today before it rains. UGH!

When I went to do some class work, I discovered the school's system was down for maintenance. Great...There went that plan.

I got my order of some fabric I need to make a couple of British uniforms and figured I'd go work on that. Opened the box to discover they sent the wrong fabric so I called to find out about returns. It seems they're out of the fabric I ordered, but figured since the color was close they'd just substitute with this. I'd ordered 100% pure wool and the garbage they sent was a wool / synthetic blend, but they didn't see that it mattered since it's so close. This caused me to absolutely lose it on them. It wasn't pretty, but I'm sending the fabric back this morning on their dime, they're refunding my money and I will NEVER do business with them again. Now I've got to spend time online researching another place to order from. It's going to cost me time, energy and stress. Not to mention the fabric is probably going to be more expensive.

CountryBoy, Cyrano and Huey Rider like this.
  16. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Don't you just love those days that you just want to go back to bead, pull the covers over your head and say FTW?

ncnascarlady and CountryBoy like this.
  17. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

That is a serious hot sauce collection, billy. Do you use them all?