close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

4:45 in the morning. Going to airport. Alaska, here I come!

2. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

gandog: Sir, We celebrate your new adventure:) May your eyes stay brightly focused
    on these new views of our world :)

3. Hope ya feel better soon, and I understand about the manners filters

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  4. Thank you, mouser. So far so good this morning.

Gun Junkie, neophyte and mouser868 like this.
  5. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Now you take care of yourself, young lady!! Ya'll understand??
    Prayers you start feeling better.:) emoji120[1].png

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

ncnascarlady: Ma'am, We are saying prayers. Asking God for patience, understanding, strength, understanding as you heal

Gun Junkie and ncnascarlady like this.
  7. Thanks to both of you. So far so good but the day is young. I'm keeping focused on the prize for taking care of myself. A whole lot of fun, shopping, tailgating and screaming my throat out from 9:00 am until late into the evening :)

Huey Rider and neophyte like this.
  8. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

Our Puerto Rican neighbors at the corner, the ones who restore cars for fun, are keeping a small flock of chickens and two goats. (Their lot is completely fenced with chain link, they have a really big yard, and it's quiet there since the rooster that used to crow constantly was the guest of honor at Sunday dinner.) It's allowed under town ordinances and no one is complaining.

These are the same people who rescued a pit bull that had been used as a breeding bitch and then was left tied to a pole in a vacant lot in NYC to die when some scumbag decided she was all bred out. Sweet dog. When I'm working outside, or Junior is let off the bus and she is out in the yard, she always comes over to the fence and woofs to say, "Come and pet me!" And suckers that we are, we do.

9. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

None of the Wal-Marts around here have self-checkout. They have the older two-dozen-stations-of-which-only four-are-manned setup. One reason I will only shop there if I have exhausted all my other shopping options. Considering that they only have four or five stations open at any given time, and I have NEVER seen all of them manned at the same time, you do have to wonder what Corporate was thinking. I'd love to know what Sam Walton would have said about it. Nothing good, I suspect.

The Acme Supermarket that took over the A&Ps has self-checkout, but almost no one uses it. Considering how balky it is, I'm happy to stay with human cashiers.

The only place I use self-checkout, and then under protest, is Home Depot. A great deal of the time, especially midday, they have no registers open, just the four self-checkout stations with one poor schmuck standing by to assist if needed. They work okay unless you are trying to buy something like lumber or sheetrock, but I loathe them. I really prefer to check out with a person and not some cockamamie machine.

austinjoe13 and neophyte like this.
  10. I only use the self checkout if I've got a few items and the regular lines are swamped. Our Walmart has 4-5 registers open most of the time and they're smart enough to add cashiers at peak times. I guess all the hiss fits people had about long, slow lines helped.

neophyte likes this.
  11. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    You may not read this, but the weather has turned to summer patterns. Campbell River, BC is forecast to be in the mid 70s for the next few days. Ketchikan however is raining (of course it is always raining in Ketchikan.)

12. 16 lbs target pistol.
    As soon as I decide if the barrel is a keeper or not.
    I will buy a Witt machine brake 20170519_111309.jpg

Stickman, neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  13. Stickman

Yakima
    I just got back from my first MC ride of the year. Perfect weather for it too.

It is absolutely amazing how much dust gets through a cover, even in the garage. Time for a complete detailing.

neophyte likes this.
  14. gandog56

Got to Seattle OK. Situated in the hotel right now waiting to go to supper. So far, everybody here has been super friendly.

15. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I hope now that you are under way your mom has settled down some and is more relaxed. If not remind her that she is with you and that you are not going to let anything happen and you both will get through it together. Enjoy your trip!

ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  16. gandog56

Not really, she was fretting about getting from the hotel to the ship. I took care of that. She was fretting she forgot some pills, I found where she had stashed them. She is fretting that my bratty little brother who drove us to the airport did not shut the garage door, she is calling him. She is worried she has no small bills to tip people with, that one's on her. I have some tens and fives. She was worried about getting a ride back from the ship to the hotel. I took care of that. She was fretting getting from the hotel to the airport to go back home. I reminded her the hotel has a shuttle. I am sure she will figure out more things to fret about tomorrow.

Stickman and neophyte like this.
  17. Stickman

Yakima
    If you are staying near the airport on International Blvd., there are a few decent restaurants. The Thirteen Coins has been around for decades and the Broiler is pretty good as well. If you are downtown, most of the waterfront eateries are good if a little spendy.

Remember that since Seattle and Seatac voted in $15 hour, tipping at restaurants is optional.

neophyte likes this.
  18. gandog56

Which would be fine except we don't have a car. We at supper at the hotel. It was expensive, but it was pretty good.

neophyte and Stickman like this.
  19. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Meat loaf , mashed potato's , and peas , soon ! One of my favorites !

20. gandog56

Oh joy, there is a 7-11 next to the hotel. Had my first Slurpee in about three years, and they had my favorite flavor, wild cherry.

Gosh how I missed them things!

neophyte, ncnascarlady and SUBMOA like this.