Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

  1. I'll be there in about an hour! Save me some???
    billy likes this.
  2. I'll beat youthere. Don't count on it :p
    billy likes this.

  3. Oh well...guess you won't get any homebrewed mead to go with it... :p
    billy likes this.
  4. Sav .250

    Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

    A continuation of post #7530.
    The top of my head (scalp) is minus a quarter sized piece. The surgeon said everything looked good.
    14 stitches later, my head felt like a drum. He says don`t do anything. Stay indoors for a couple of days. I say I`m going scouting in the morning.
    Had this planned for a while. Again he
    Says ice is the key to help control bleeding.
    So I go home ,ice my dome the rest of the day. Operation was around 10am that morning.
    Still going scouting in the morning but have to adjust to the problem.
    Have a plan. Will wear my PITH helmet
    Inside I put those cold jell packs. Good to go.
    Went out as planned with one of my sons.
    Spent the morning in the heat.
    After all was said and done....... My set up worked like a charm. Stayed nice and cool.
    Did have to re-load one time. Ice packs.
    No side affects. No bleeding. No pain.
    This morning the patch comes off. A little clean up of the area >Wife will handle that.
    Another cover patch and next Thursday the stitches come out.
    As to the scouting . 6 Deer total. 2 bucks. 4 doe. One large Hog. 8 turkey and 5-6 ticks.

    All in a great morning.............
    CountryBoy, High Noon, SUBMOA and 3 others like this.
  5. You NEED some cheesecake more than ANYBODY!
    CountryBoy, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.

    SUBMOA G&G Evangelist

    Billy ! You's makin me hungry!
    billy and neophyte like this.
  7. blue fox

    blue fox G&G Evangelist

    Left home in Leavenworth this morning around 730 am. Arrived around 300 pm in St Peters, Mo. Somewhere along the line a dozen bottles of wine showed up in my car. Of course we got off I 70 in Warrenton and got down on MO 94 east of Hermann. Darne fools kept putting wineries along the road. :eek::D
  8. Cyrano

    Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

    New York
    Another Sunday at the Elephant's Trunk. This time, we did not pay the $10 for priority entry from what amounts to a reserved parking lot; we just fell in line at the high school, a little farther back in line (like maybe 8 or 10 places) than we usually are. There were more vendors than last week, and to our delight we ended up in a corner slot at the far end of the A section opposite the portajohns.

    It seemed to prove our theory that at the ETFlea, it's all about location, location, location. My theory, entirely subjective, is that by the time the people get to this area, handy to the portajohns and the fixed food operators, they have seen most of what the vendors have on offer and are ready to buy as opposed to just look. We had a good day, grossing $400. We did sell one of our "grabbers," a mid-1980s giant scissors made of aluminum at a store in SoHo called So Big. A guy who had been a minor actor in NYC back in the day knew the shop, instantly recognized it as a So Big product because he owns a bunch of their pieces, and wanted it. We didn't get the asking price for it, but Her Imperial Majesty okayed the sale and is happy with it. That one sale, an hour before the flea market officially opened (the Trunk will let people in before the opening if they pay an outrageous entry fee, and fanatic collectors will pay it if they think there is something there in their field), put us in the black for the day. Everything after that was a bonus.

    As usual, Her Imperial Majesty spent most of her time out walking the field. She brought Junior home a bunch of Jackass DVDs (he thinks they're hysterical) and some Five Nights At Freddy's stuff (don't ask). She also brought back a folding sort-of director's chair to replace the canvas and aluminum chair I've been using, that literally fell apart under me today. Makes sitting behind the tables a lot more comfortable.

    We've been talking about paying the premium to get a specific slot for August; but after going around and listening and talking to other vendors, H.I.M. says that August is a slow month for sales because of the heat and humidity. So we are going to push that idea back to September, when the veterans say sales pick up. Until then, we'll just take luck of the draw and hope we don't get stuck in the middle of the field again.

    I get to sleep in next Sunday because she and Junior are going out to San Diego to ComiCon, courtesy of Grandma the Dowager Empress. Trying to work the flea market by yourself is not recommended if for no other reason than everyone needs to use the bathroom from time to time, a lesson I know well from my SCA merchanting days when I held down a 3 or 4 table setup alone. Setup and breakdown alone are killers, especially when there is time pressure. It's even worse when you have delicates that have to be wrapped up before being repacked for transport. But what really decides it is our pop-up. I at least can't take a day in the sun without some protection, and this pop-up absolutely requires two to set it up and break it down. Two people who are used to the tent can put it up or take it down in about five minutes; one person working alone might manage it in half an hour, more likely not at all because of the way the frame expands. So we miss next week and will be back the week after.
  9. Well, after 17 1/2 years of overnights or 3:00AM start at work, I am now working 0900 to 6:00PM. Weird being up at almost 11:00 on a Sunday, but I see my wife a lot more now. Bad thing is I can no longer have dinner on the table when she gets home at 5:30.
    CountryBoy, neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  10. I caught my personal best walleye today. 27"

  11. Jaison

    Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor


    B-E-A-S-T. Freaking hawg!
    neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  12. Gun Junkie

    Gun Junkie G&G Evangelist

  13. ghost_raven

    ghost_raven G&G Evangelist

    Went up to Santa Fe with my wife today mostly to eat at a really good burger place called "Santa Fe Bite"... used to be Bobcat Bite, but they were forced out of their old location and relocated to downtown Santa Fe. Wandered around Santa Fe a bit while I was there. Nice city, but they're kind of like a land-locked, southwestern version of San Francisco. I love some of the stuff that brings in... but hate the pretentious attitudes that too often came with it. While up there however, bought another box of 6.5 Grendel ammo for the AR I'm building.

    The lower half of my AR is finished... just waiting for the upper to arrive. Had to laugh... my dad was trying to interrogate me about how much my AR build cost. I was being blatantly evasive as he got more high pressure... then finally he rather meekly admitted that he was thinking about building one. The answer to that for anyone wondering would be between $700-$800.

    Wishing the monsoon season would start already. My garden is needing it. Plants in the area always see a growth spurt when there's a good storm... as in, you can see a huge difference in growth within a couple hours. That said, some of my plants are producing... have about half a dozen little Sandia Hot Peppers out there right now, and I ate a small cluster of red grapes off one of my vines a couple hours ago... the first cluster that vine has produced since my planting it last year :)
  14. Huh? What?

    Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

    That was weird. Driving down the street in Prescott. Saw a guy with a black page boy haircut walking down the sidewalk wearing a red speedo, a black satin cape and combat boots.
    neophyte likes this.
  15. Jaison

    Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

    Was he carrying a cherry cheese cake and had a couple dogs wearing Mexican wrestler masks with him?
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  16. High Noon

    High Noon G&G Evangelist

    Billy! As long as it wasn't a goat.
    neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  17. High Noon

    High Noon G&G Evangelist

    Went up and checked the trail cams yesterday. 687 pics on two cams in two weeks. One mountain lion, 350+large bugs, ~90 pics of two gay forkies, numerous raptors and and a handsome 4x4 that loved the camera. They are set for a pic every 5 minutes and are at about 9000'.

    Shouldn't have taken the company truck. I went up a different route and it turned into ATV only. It's still has a couple quarts left.:D
    CountryBoy, neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  18. Jaison

    Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

    Just walked in the house from work.

    Any other brethren or sisteren among us gauge how hard the day was by the pain level felt while pulling a shirt off? Lol?

    I'm too old for this stuff.:rolleyes:
  19. Did I mention I got a new whetstone from the knife shop in Silver Dollar City? The base was untreaded, so I put a coat of boiled linseed oil on it. Then, I used my honing oil on the stone. All I did was put a few drops on and slathered it around. Then, I let it sit for a while.


    CountryBoy, neophyte and Jaison like this.
  20. Jaison

    Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

    image.jpeg The 'coolest' artifact I ever found as an archeologist maaaany years ago, was a honing stone for a scythe.

    It looked like the one above minus the wooden handle and hilt. The tang was rusted away and the stone was merely a nub.

    The stories that stone could tell, buried there in a city park.

    The second coolest was the skeleton of a dog. Curled up with a ceramic bowl beside it. But, that's another story.