close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Very common, the traps get thin from years of use. Don't let them make you pay for the replacement. Thats normal wear and tear and don't come out of your deposit!

2. Waiting to board salt lake to Boise and listening to METALLIC KO by iggy and the stooges

Stickman and neophyte like this.

3. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    Just got home from Anchorage. Two weeks off, all of it spoken for. The 17th is our wedding anniversary, 21st is the eclipse (we are only a relatively short drive from the totality area.)

Somewhere in there will be an airplane annual inspection and my six month FAA medical. I need to change an oil cooler on a car and go ride a motorcycle.

Peaches are getting ripe and the apples need to be dealt with. This is pretty much my busiest time of year.

Cyrano, CountryBoy, neophyte and 4 others like this.
  4. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 G&G Evangelist

I'm hoping they chalk everything up as regular maintenance. This company bought the building a month into my lease. I'm trying to leave this place as clean as possible for them, but it's an old building that's been a bit neglected.

neophyte, SUBMOA and Jaison like this.
  5. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    IMG_1757.JPG Enjoying a beautiful evening

Cyrano, Stickman, CountryBoy and 4 others like this.
  6. Jaison

Jaison A tale of a forlorn trash panda Forum Contributor

Yonder
    Gotta say, Jerry--

--that's one big broom you got there. Lol!

neophyte, austinjoe13 and jerry like this.
  7. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    It works great man!

neophyte, Wicked109 and Jaison like this.
  8. Jaison

Yonder
    Lol!

Wicked109 and jerry like this.
  9. ghost_raven

ghost_raven G&G Evangelist

The first few figs on my Celeste fig tree are finally starting to blush away from being green, so I'm excited for that. Also have been enjoying the first few grapes off my grape vines - my red seedless had one small cluster which I picked and ate a couple weeks back. The Concord has a few smallish clusters that I'm picking from as they turn ripe.

I picked the first bunch of Sandia hot peppers from my garden and roasted them earlier today on my grill while I was also cooking hot dogs for dinner. Last weekend, I picked a couple Thai hot peppers and tried one. It was... flavorful. I convinced my wife to try one also... I'm almost sure she'll forgive me some day :D In New Mexico, pain is just another flavor....

Getting ready to make another trip to San Diego for a vacation. I still kind of consider it home (moved away when I was about 10 years old). If I had the funds, and if they allowed my guns, I'd happily move back there. The sad part is that one of my favorite restaurants got kicked out of the location they'd been in for over 70 years. No clear explanation as to why, but sounds like another local chain is taking over the place. The place I like has another location more inland... but just not the same. I have childhood memories of eating there while staring out at the docked aircraft carriers... and more recently, of going there for dinner right after my wedding at the maritime museum next door. Kinda funny... my plans for San Diego seem somehow more empty without that place there.

10. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Only I have the dumb luck to get caught up in the middle of not one but two foot chases of fleeing suspects while trying to drive home from work...:rolleyes:o_O

In the second one the guy was running from someone else and he ended up running right towards me. Such a poop magnet...

But now Im back! :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Stickman, Cyrano, SUBMOA and 3 others like this.
  11. Trying to start the day. I've got a ton of things to do and almost no idea where to start. All I know is washing the fabrics I picked up at the warehouse sale last week has to be on the list. So does ironing it all.

Which means I've got to vacuum first. BLECH!!!!

Yeah, it's gonna be one of those days.

Cyrano likes this.
  12. Waking up in Idaho
    Pet pigs,horses,cows,goats,chickens,dogs and cats are greeting me.
    My sister loves animals

Jaison, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  13. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

There was a lot more g-scale stuff at the train show yesterday than I was expecting. I could have bought a lot more than I did.

I found a set of LGB track, including a pair of switches for less than a pair of used switches go for. I bought a small train station for the layout. And I found the combine car for my passenger consist, brand new and in the box, never opened for next to nothing. Now I have a baggage car, mail. combine car, coach car, and observation car. All in all nine feet of train...

[​IMG]

Then, last night, we had one heck of a thunderstorm. I have sore ribs this morning from all the times my wife grabbed me when the lightning flashed and the thunder boomed, and scrtaches from the cats trying to crawl under the covers with us.

14. Sounds like you really scored on the train stuff. Congrats! Can't wait to see it all done and running.

neophyte likes this.
  15. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

Yakima
    It rained all night last night, not good for fruit this close to picking time. On the other hand if it stays warm and dry for the next couple of weeks everything will be better than ever.

16. Jaison

Yonder
    Did you Larry Tate said poop magnet, TACAV?

17. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Nope. By the second one (that I saw running right at me while turning to look behind him at the other guy) I was like "oh Come on! I just wanna go home!" :mad:

He got cornered and he didn't want to get tasered so he got on the ground. :p

CountryBoy, Cyrano, SUBMOA and 4 others like this.
  18. Nice to see he suddenly developed either a working brain or a sense of self preservation. Or it might have been the look on your face that told him he was a dead man because he was keeping you from going home and didn't want to annoy you anymore than he already had. :D

19. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 G&G Evangelist

I am officially moved in. I mopped the floors at the old apartment and will do a final once over tomorrow.

CountryBoy, Cyrano, neophyte and 3 others like this.
  20. Jaison

Yonder
    Good luck in your new digs, buddy.

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.