close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Just waiting to get old enough then insurance company will finaly replace my right one.know the fealing.

neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  2. I'm waiting for my left to be done. At least I know what to expect this time.

neophyte likes this.

3. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Knox gelatin and vitamin C are a knee's best friends.

neophyte and Moroco Mole like this.
  4. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Get off here and go write your paper.

Don’t make me come over there!

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game mobile app

5. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Checking out the savage MSR15 PER the add, the stock has adjustable cheek rest and a graduated length of pull adjustment. Going to have to see if I can get the stock by itself for my build.

neophyte likes this.
  6. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Decent day at work now chilling a bit till I take the wife out for dinner to celebrate our 43rd anniversary

7. This photo of my niece, Lisa, was taken a little more than 12 months ago. She had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer some time before that and had treatment.

Unfortunately it returned and was quite aggressive. She was advised that having her bowel and bladder removed would buy her some time. The photo was taken at a party she had to farewell her organs... Don't look too hard at the cake if you are easily offended.

But seriously, how many people could be of such a positive mindset to do such a thing?

Unfortunately, the cancer was too far advanced so that part of the surgery was deemed to be redundant.

She fought it with every thing she had. Had several operations.

However, there is no more that can be done. She will leave hospital and go directly to hospice care. The pain she would experience will be such that she will be sedated. She has months, weeks really.

If anyone so utterly selfless, caring, worthwhile and beautiful deserved to live to be 100, Lisa would top the list.

It's just the most pointless load of crap.. photo lisa.JPG

CountryBoy, ncnascarlady and neophyte like this.
  8. SUBMOA

SUBMOA G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Johnny Revolver, no can give a like for your post. please understand. Pretty woman. Prayer sent for all.

9. Jaison

Jaison They who choose safety over liberty gain neither Forum Contributor

Yonder
    What SUBMOA wrote, brother. And everything it means.

Prayers, brother.

grizcty, Gun Junkie, neophyte and 2 others like this.
  10. Paper is now 3/4 done. I need a mental break before I finish it tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow morning I'm going fishing provided the universe doesn't do something annoying...

CountryBoy and Rocky7 like this.
  11. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Johnny_Revolver: Sir, "Niece'Lisa'Johnny_Revolver" is in our prayers
    asking God, to wrap his mighty arms tightly.
    Giving his peace and understanding to why he has calling her home
    All of us have said cancer ugly words; many more will tomorrow's bring
    We lift you, family, friends, asking God for strength, patience, understanding, guidance

12. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    Permission granted :)....but remember this:

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

CountryBoy, neophyte and ncnascarlady like this.
  13. Yeah, I know. But it's not due until 11:55pm Sunday night, and if I don't get some ME time away from the house I'm going to snap and it's not going to be pretty. Nor will I have to worry about finishing the paper, let alone the rest of the course. :)

Rocky7, neophyte and austinjoe13 like this.
  14. This is what a m37 20171012_121313.jpg frame looks like chopped into thirds and stacked on my truck.

15. A goldmine of parts there
    If after inspection the brake drums are good.
    200 bucks each
    2 diffs,leaf springs shocks steering box etc .
    I got all of it for 200 and ebay wanted around 200 just for 1 axle
    But I got 4 of em

16. neophyte

The past week; we flew to Portland Oregon:) visiting my son and significant other :)
    Absolutely beautiful. Country filled with groves and groves grape producers for winery's
    Roadside tastings (pay $'s)
    Went to Gerber knives (hoping for a walk thru) nope. I left a knife to be sharpened
    Went to Kershaw knives. They have a walk in store. Military discounts
    Upstairs. You can watch how knives are handled and made in real time (look thru Windows)
    To the east; Pacific Ocean :) I got wet :) Saw some feeding whales milling about the ocean edge
    Whale blow piping off in the distance. Clear day. Could see for miles.
    Day after trip was to Mt Hood. No bears, dear, elk, Sasquatch, rabbits, wolves, coyotes
    Mountains are beautiful; wife, son, significant other with my driving gravel roads squealed haha
    Portland has more river bridges. wow and a few interesting ones (I'll be going back; exploring the river-front)
    Roads are wonderfully maintained. Roadside trash; almost none
    Learned something new???
    Individuals cannot pump their own fuel. Attendants only.

17. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

Headed to Stillwater with the wife and MIL for the weekend. It's Homecoming for my Ok State Cowboys Saturday. Oh yea, and visit the college kid too. Youngest daughter, her boyfriend and the college kids best friend from high school are coming up tonight after the high school games are over. My daughter is a High school cheerleader, and her boyfriend plays high school football for a neighboring town. The best friend is in college also but she is close enough that she comes home most weekends.

I will get to visit with the college kid, see the homecoming festivities, AND see a live Ok State game!!

18. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    I thought Oregon was a lefty state when we visited a few years back; but I don't remember that part. I suppose a bureaucrat gave it some careful thought and concluded that pumping gas was just too complicated for normal folks; having to both point the nozzle and pull the handle at the same time. Then there's listening for the "Click". Ow, my head hurts. No doubt some courses are required, followed by licensing and regular inspections and further tests by a horde of new bureaucrats. Yearly fees, too.

I wonder if there are separate "Licenced Pump Operator" certifications for regular gas, premium gas and diesel?

Moroco Mole and CountryBoy like this.
  19. neophyte

Rocky7: Sir, openly lefty Portland downtown. My first seeing many same' holding hands
    Too; several if not more; I was "eyed" (obvious) by her's (real) openly while my wife and
    son, and his signicant other were wide eyed
    The world largest bookstore "wow weee"; Ida been in trouble going to bladder room hahaha
    What fun "Catcher in The Rye" :)

Rocky7, Moroco Mole and CountryBoy like this.