close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Yep
    She's fixed.
    Our hero ernest shackletons kid brother billy pulls through again!

2. See the resemblance?
    The spitting image eh? Ernest-Shackleton-Pic.jpg

Attached Files:

Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.

3. HOW TO COOK $1.25 PIZZA
    preheat over to 450f
    remove plastic from totinos party pizza
    go through refrigerator and add extra cheese (smoked gouda works well)
    duck sausage
    artichoke hearts
    and any other high-end ingredients you can find
    cook for 15 minutes
    enjoy your buck twenty five pizza with fifteen dollars worth of weird crap you bought while shopping hungry on top

4. 63B20

63B20 G&G Evangelist

Montana
    Billy go to bed:)

5. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I have a copy of it squirreled away somewhere with my layout and design portfolio. I even made a cool map showing the most idiotic sounding regions.

When I worked on the college newspaper we used to get filler copy from the Knight-Ridder college system as well as AP's college network. The study was the focus of an article from Columbia University. This would have been sometime between 2001 to 2002.

We ran it as filler in our paper because we thought it was funny. We had a great staff, so it was rare for us to ever need filler, but we actually dropped a feature story to throw this one in. The kid who wrote the article was having a hard time hiding their surprise that there weren't any Southern accents in the top 10 and only a couple in the top 20 - unless you count that mutant "What Hollywood thinks we sound like" accent found in parts of Florida.

Moroco Mole, TACAV and ncnascarlady like this.
  6. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

My M-I-L can't figure out how to use the flip phone we bought her (dial number, hit green button), but someone at the community center convinced her that she needs a smart phone.

Wicked109, Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  7. Sounds like my mom. She had a basic phone for years that never gave her a bit of trouble. Then she decided she needed a smart phone. Why? Because she wanted one.

Me being me, I quipped "Do you really need a phone that's smarter than you are?" She laughed and said she was tired of her dumb phone. I countered with "Lets see if we can find you a phone that's smarter than your dumb one, but not so smart you can't use it."

Moroco Mole, TACAV and neophyte like this.
  8. On a more depressing note...

We're going down to the Outlaws later this afternoon. Why? Because they're leaving Monday to spend the holidays with their Golden Boy, his wife and kids and they want to give us our presents now. Once we get through that, we're stuck going out to dinner with Hubby's father's family. There's no getting out of it. Not even Hubby being in a cast from the middle of his bicep down to the base of his fingers on his right arm. Of course it's a barbeque joint because that's where Hubby's aunt decided it should be.

Blech. Blech, blech, blech.

I'd rather have knee replacement surgery without meds.

9. Jaison

Jaison Woke up this morning with a blue moon in my eyes Forum Contributor

Yonder
    Watching a very powerful movie called Kidnap with Hally Berry. Highly recommend it.

Wicked109 and Moroco Mole like this.
  10. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Back to work in the morning for five days. The normal lead tech is gone for the month, and the kid they have replacing him is a decent tech, but has no idea how to handle people. Should be fun.

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Shopping hungry, or just a case of the munchies?

12. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

well I come and found the thread.
    I had some stuff I was gonna type then I forgot what it was.

carry on.

Moroco Mole, CountryBoy and neophyte like this.
  13. Got a 1 amp battery maintainer for the ambulance and hooked it up last night.
    Going to go see if I can tell the difference in starting
    I had 13.30v last night before install on the battery
    Curious to see what it reads now

14. I should make some 300gr ,checked,tumbled sledgehammer casull rounds today

Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  15. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Kidd missed the bus...so ran him to school, layed back down and just now having my morning coffee, Thinking about driving down to the gun shop.
    I work midnights,5to 5; s,m,t and every other sat.,but not this one.Plus, everything is done at home, and all bills paid.Still got to get some groceries, but I actualy like food shopping.
    Just lovin my lazy day today.:cool:

16. CountryBoy

CountryBoy G&G Evangelist

If you are referring to what I think you are, I have always said their motto is "Be safe unless its going to cost us a job"

My use of the "Like" button here was more of an "Oh WoW" than a "Like"

Yes! Finally someone who understands the situation I have at work (Besides RunFiveRun, his job involved getting wet in those freezing temps) You cant really do mechanic work wearing gloves, AND everything you touch is ambient temp (parts, tools, etc)

Billy, sometimes you and me think a lot alike...

At least you go in respect to your spouse. I personally know a few spouses who absolutely refuse to go to their in-laws house even for Thanksgiving and Christmas because they don't like them at all.

ncnascarlady and Wicked109 like this.
  17. CountryBoy

Well finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel last night. I got home around 8:00 PM. Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off this morning as usual, just so much to do and don't know where to start.

I got the trash bagged and set out, loaded and ran the dishwasher, made breakfast AND a mess. I wanted some real eggs and hashbrowns. By the way "Thank You" to all who told me to soak and rinse my shredded taters before cooking. The hashbrowns today were much better than the last. I got a little too much grease in the pan so they were a little "Greasy" but that just means their return trip will be smooth.

I however made a huge mess. I put the grease in the pan ane heated it up. Just a little too hot and when I dumped the tater shreds in it SPLATTERED everywhere. So now the Grates, cooktop, and countertop are now, yes, covered with grease splatter. Oh well, its not anything that cant be cleaned up. Then while cooking my overeasy eggs, I didn't leave one of them "Over" long enough and when I moved it from the pan to the plate I left a pretty cool yeller trail across the counter top. Not to worry though, its on top of that layer of grease splatter so it shouldn't stick.

Now I have to go empty and fold the clothes in the dryer so I can put the clothes in the washer over into the dryer so that I can se the washer to wash MY work clothes... I need to put the lab across the street out into the yard and feed and water her, and while Im at it feed the horse.

Geez, its almost too much work to come home...

SUBMOA and ncnascarlady like this.
  18. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    Know the feeling... but not so much any more.
    I used to work the recovery truck for our tow service. Would be called out by police to recover vehicles, in the middle of the night, that would run off the road, somtimes into water.
    Durring the do not drive Police weather bans.(This I thought was stupid because the police would have me recover abandond vehicles from roads too slipery for them to drive down.Many times I would look at the oficer and say you are blocking off the road anyway, couldn't this have waited?)
    HAD FUN GETTING THERE, AND A VERY FRIDGED TIME ONCE THERE.
    Some recoverys would take hours.Between pulling the vehicle out of weird places, and driving stakes then pulling my truck to a spot I could drive again.
    Had many times I could not feel my fingers and toes. Actualy have permenant frost bite dammage to part of one foot... no fun there.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 1:41 PM
    CountryBoy likes this.
  19. CountryBoy

Good for you, when I have a lazy it goes one of two ways. 1. I be lazy and am miserable thinking about all the things I need to be doing. or 2. I am able to block all that stuff out and my lazy "day" becomes "Days" plural...lol

ncnascarlady and Moroco Mole like this.
  20. My rested battery is 12.60
    14.30ish running

CountryBoy and Moroco Mole like this.