close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

The "What's going on with you now" thread

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by JetGirl, Mar 6, 2012.

1. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

I have been slowly rotating everything in the garage/shop and vacuuming all the corners.
    it doesn't really accomplish anything but I get to put away all those little odds and ends that get put here and there and throw away stuff.

I'm still trying to remember why I put enough lead ingots in a container under one bench to make 10,000 9mm cast bullets.
    I know they weren't mixed to the right alloy for those.
    oh well,, there is enough room there now to put 14 flats of 12 ga shells.
    I think I will just keep going around and around until everything finds a new place.

2. I need to do that. Badly.

I think I will move everything with wheels out of the man cave here down to the carport and have a tidy up.

Last night at midnight I finally declared I was through with the Norspan pain patch thing and tore it off. It was going to be another night without sleep and I was jacked with it itching.

SO, that's me done with pain killers other than Paracetamol. I tried several, doctors assume that you are either a drug addict or a wuss.

Some people live with constant pain. I have for a quiet a few years and the trouble is, it gets worse.

But that's just how it is.

3. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

We had rain this morning, changed over to freezing rain by mid afternoon, now we have snow slated to last most of the night. We'll have to see what tomorrow looks like after the snow stops. Snowblower is fueled and ready.

4. Been all kinds of busy today. It got up to about 70° and I wanted to bust out as many chores as my body would put up with.

Straightened up the dining room so I can study in there. There's more to do but at least I can get to the desk without breaking any bones.

Got the wood on the porch sorted and stacked. I've got a whole lot of stuff that's too long to cut down over the next couple of days, and a bunch that need to be split down a bit farther. No big deal...I'll just grab the human powered hydraulic splitter and bang it out.

Then I started attacking the kitchen. It's needed a complete scrub down and the drain's been slow. Put some salt, baking soda and vinegar down it followed about an hour later with boiling water. Didn't work, but I'm going to try it again next week.

I even got Hubby to put the stuff that's been piled up in the doorway to the pantry away. Just one of those things I'd been on his case about all fall...

All that ambition netted me some chores done and a trip to nap land because I hurt so much I was shaking. But my sense of satisfaction is worth a little pain and a nap. :)

5. Hey, just how good is a home made bacon and egg muffin?

Okay it has gluten free muffins which cost a fortune.

it has that really good bacon you get from the butcher and not that awful short cut style supermarket packet stuff that the colour of bubblegum.

CountryBoy, neophyte and Moroco Mole like this.
  6. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Have you tried vitamin B complex and vitamin D. Also, cut down on carbs for a week and see how you feel. I'm not kidding, it made a difference.

7. Moroco Mole

Moroco Mole G&G Evangelist

Ohio
    ^^ I agree with wicked... I have rheumatoid arthritis..I started
    Taking B complex and calcium with vitamin D.
    No merical cure, but I have been able to get rid of my hard core pain meds and Can now get by on an occasional sodium naproxan, some self inflicted physical therapy, and an occasional shot of whiskey.;)
    MAY NOT WORK FoR EVERYONE BUT WORTH A TRY.

8. We had a sketchy guy come in to work today. He was on something--kept grabbing and twisting his nose. He was upset because we're sold out of face masks. a couple workers heard the guy say he'd shank someone for a mask...

Then, he grabbed a Sig magazine and went to the gun counter to ask if it would fit his gun. Upon being asked what model gun he has, he rips it out of his waistband and clears it while our gun guy was saying don't do that. He saw it was a Beretta 92, so he walked him to the magazines. The guy grabbed a box of ammo on the way over.

Tweaker had his things, then said to gun guy: "My car got stolen last night. The 5-0 knows where it is but isn't doing anything about it. I'm taking matter into my own hands." The tweak lingered in the entry a bit and must have been loading the magazine. Gun guy came back to the counter and told us what happened, and one of the older guys went to the till tweaker checked out with. He did use a credit card, so a receipt reprint got the guy's name and he was found on facebook while a manager called the police.

I left before the officer was done with the two managers, so that's all the story I have. I will most likely have my G19 on me from now on.

9. Typical Saturday afternoon. In the shed watching pointless YouTube stuffs.

Shirtless. I picked up my guitar off the stand to perhaps serenade myself with a sad ballad and the bloody thing nearly burnt me!

I got my laser thermo gun thing and the thing is 110F!!!

So is everything in my shed though. I have an air conditioned house... Rather be in the shed.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 12:27 AM
  10. Currently here, in an un-Air Conditioned house, everything is hot. Even with every window and door open.

Shampoo tipped into your hand feels like gravy.

The water out of the kitchen cold tap runs hot enough to burn you, that's in spite of the fact I crawled up into the ceiling years ago and wrapped the copper line in 4 inch steam pipe insulation.

So, I grabbed my Coleman 7.5 litre water jug, each morning I get a small bucket of ice out of the freezer, bit bigger 'n a grapefruit and toss that in there with cold water from 2 x 2 litre water bottles from the beer fridge.

It stays cool all day, the fridge stays shut and the water meter doesn't run for 3 minutes every time someone is waiting for cool water from the cold tap.

Its COOL water, like nice. Not teeth rattling like the fridge gets.

11. I haven't tried that but when $$ loosens up I will. I don't take hard core pain meds very often; just when I get to the point where I'm shaking, crying and don't want to be touched. Then I'll break down and take my serious meds. Otherwise I'm good with some Motrin or Tylenol.

Today wasn't that kind of day. It's just been a while since I've bustled around like this and I knew I'd pay for it. Of course having the flu and bustling around so much didn't help...lol

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 7:45 AM
    Wicked109, Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  12. I've found over the years, that paracetamol is the only reliable course of action. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I am supposed to take 2 at midday, sometimes I do.

High strength opiate style meds, they don't just give them out anymore.

Which is fine by me, I wouldn't want to take those long term.

Moroco Mole, neophyte and Wicked109 like this.
  13. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

After reading some have pain even constant pain.. have any of you folks looked into ......Hemp oil ?
    If not give it a look see. Complete information on it`s benefits
    available. It`s an over the counter item as well.
    May or may not be of value to those in need. You decide. :usa2:

Moroco Mole and neophyte like this.
  14. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

Stille exprimentng wit h my nEw balanse syphon coffee#@maker ta detemine the bes grind/amunRT of caffee to uze. Prblm iZ, Aftor dhe first doozen cuPS of koffeeee, it gIs hard to concencrate...

15. Minor case of the jitters, huh?

16. Huh? What?

WHAT!?! WhAT?whAt?

Moroco Mole and ncnascarlady like this.
  17. runfiverun

funny he brought that up.
    I recently [like 10 minutes ago] found out that mocha flavored espresso mix is for making small cups of coffee with plain water in the espresso machine, it is not a flavoring agent for 24oz mugs of coffee.
    had I read past the part of add 1 tbs per 6 oz cup..
    I too wouldhaveknownthat....woooh!
    now I got a headache.

18. Huh? What?

I hAd e Haddoc 1ncE. I mAde ChoWda...

Moroco Mole likes this.
  19. runfiverun

good to see caffeine doesn't affect your typing.