There Are Now Two G&g Forums!!!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, May 7, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus Guest

There are now Two G&G forums. One of the links to the new site was posted to the old board as
    Apparently Chip recently changed the IP addy and created a second board, rather than move the old one. The boards look identical, but do not talk to each other. I strongly suggest trying to merge them again and straightening this out. One board says it has 916 members, the other claims 920.

2. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

Chip did not do anything, as this is

But what happen that is the old IP address of the web site, and it clearly states the amount of people we had last night at lets say about 11 PM or so, I had to change the IP address, and what you see is the final result

I removed the IP address in your post for security issues

3. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

Yeah, that was an old database... don't know how some members are being directed there, but Chris is canning it as we speak. Sorry about the mixup and a big thanks to Klaus for giving us the heads up.

Jesse

4. Klaus

Klaus Guest

Sorry Chris

Sorry, I meant Chris, not CHIP.

5. Klaus

Klaus Guest

You guys really ought to put out the word about this so-called "old database". It was a FULLY FUNCTIONAL copy of the boards. Many people had posted to it and are asking where their posts went. People were directed to it by the ORIGINAL link that was posted in the old G&G forum, and put it in favorites. I noticed the problem because I use three different computers for access and was hitting both boards.

6. azeeb

azeeb Guest

Right I figured that out too. I had bookmarked the one site on one computer, and the other site on another computer. Confused the heck out of me.

7. Jesse

Jesse Tradehawker LLC / www.tradehawker.com / Jn 17:17 Forum Contributor

Chris should have that board deleted and the URL redirected by now. If not, it will be done by today.

Jesse

8. Chris

Chris G&G Evangelist Staff Member Forum Contributor

It was turtned off so noe one but Jesse and Myself can get to it. Thanks for the tip.

9. Firemedic

Firemedic Guest

We need spell check.