close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Thigh holster for a duck-legged guy

Discussion in 'Holsters/Slings' started by Jaison, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Jaison

Jaison They who choose safety over liberty gain neither Forum Contributor

Yonder
    On a good day, I'm all of 5'8" with duck legs and T-Rex arms.

It is what it is.

Bought a Rothco drop leg holster for hunting, but it can't be adjusted enough to be worn properly. Plus, after a little more research, I'm looking for Kydex or something more rigid.

Any suggestions from the good folks at G&G? Not looking for tacticool application-- it'll just be for easier access when hunting, back packing, etc.

Thanks much in advance.

2. longshooter234

longshooter234 G&G Evangelist

Alabama
    https://www.gunandgame.com/threads/custom-kydex-holsters.179088/ i might can do something for you if i can find a gun like yours local

Jaison likes this.

3. Jaison

Yonder
    I'd be obliged. Tried out a couple other drop legs since the post and they're all a little too long.

Seems pretty strange- 5'8" isn't the tallest stature around, but it's not THAT short. I'm surprised it's been difficult to find this holster.

longshooter234 likes this.
  4. longshooter234

longshooter234 G&G Evangelist

Alabama
    What kind of gun do u have and what does ur current rig look like exactly and are u just needing it to adjust upwards more?

5. Jaison

Yonder
    CZ 75b Omega.

Had a Rothco drop leg, but gave it to a buddy. Looking for Kydex- something more rigid.

Yes, it's just the height that's an issue. As it stands, every one I've tried has the holster too close to the knee. Need to bring it up closer to the waist without having to modify the straps.

This isn't a huge need. It's just something I'd like to have for hunting and backpacking.

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Amazon sells thick leather and Kydex, and whatever hardware you need. Go DIY!

Jaison likes this.
  7. Jaison

Yonder
    I came to the same conclusion. Used to make all my gear and 'cooterments for RevWar re-enacting. Might break out the awls, punches and syn-sinew to make one. Can't hurt, plus I got some tanned elk hide that's been sitting around for twenty years or so just waiting for a project.

Ten Man, Big Dog and MoDoc like this.
  8. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I have thigh holster rigs, of various brands, and none of them seem to feel like what you think they should.

It seems like the obvious place to have a hand gun, because it is out of the way, yet exactly where your hand would easily go to grab the gun. Why is it so difficult for manufacturers to "get it right?"

Jaison likes this.