close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Think about this

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Chris, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

All these restrictions....and home sercurity things being put into place, what happens when a liberal becomes President and says Terrorists can not get guns in America if no one else has them....

To what degree do we stop these so called security measures..?

2. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

I guess when they finally come a knockin' at the door.

3. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    Keep'a knockin but you can't come in!

4. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Why do you think I have 20,000 rounds here at home with me?

5. What I have been telling you guys all along.

6. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

It will not be wise to fight them at the front door. If you start giving them a problem by firing on them they will simply grenade your house or fire mortar rounds at you. This fight will be guerilla warfare at its finest. However I don't think they have the manpower to do this.

7. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Ten minutes from the Rocky Mtns. Good luck finding me,flatlanders.

8. they'll simply deputise the sniches in the cable company and the post office.
    -Jesse

9. Chris

Well the whole point is guys we have to stop this before they come knocking, because that is the only way to truly stop them.

10. i doubt if we have the voting power to shut them down before they come knocking, or am i underestimating our collective voting strength?
    -Jesse

11. Chris

Never underestimate the power of people in large numbers. I am saying that just because they are Republicain they are not always right, we need to weed out these Republicans with Demorcat thinking

12. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Jay leno on TIPS

The mailman will be testifying on the cable guy. Talk about the slowest trial in history.

13. You may be right. We barely have the voting power and voters are fickle anyway.

Where we need to work is to get the union voters that own guns and hunt to wise up and vote pro gun, not pro union.

Don't start throwing rocks, Illionois is gonna fall due to that very fact, you watch. And I am not union bashing, just stating a fact. Many large unions vote Democrat. Many dems are anti gun, am I the only gun owner that see's that corollation?

Next, join the NRA or The US Sportsmans Alliance or another large group that has pull on Capital Hill.

What's wrong with this picture, around 80 million gun owners, 4 million NRA members?

Gun owners are our own worst enemies. 64 million apathetic gun owners will do more damage to us than any liberal or communist could.

If you own a gun VOTE! If you own a gun and vote, join a group that backs you up on the legislative lever as well. DOUBLE YOU VOICE ON THE HILL!!

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but take the word to the streets.

I personally sign up a few people each year on gift memberships, most of them continue on on their own.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2002
  14. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

You are right when you say they don't have the manpower,but they can always buy it just like they buy the votes that are for sale,and it will be the same people.They may not be military trained like most of us are,but they will be in large numbers and they will be able to call in backup and strikes if neccessary.And the worst part will be after the dust settles and the USA is being divided up among our enemies,then we that survive will see who has been socking it to us all along.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.:mad: :mad: :mad:

15. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

Kinda reminds me of the ants standing atop their mound shaking their fists at the roller as it flattens their hill.

I'm all for pro-gun activism, and I vote as often as I can for anything that even smells like pro-gun. The only way we're gonna stop the stampede is when enough of us and them lay dead or dying that they have to stop and actually think about what they're doing and why. Until then, our government will continue to default to the lowest common denominator. As long as the laws that protect our gun rights are viewed as allowing the criminal element access to them, people will continue to attack that law in ever increasing numbers.

I don't think it's the people we elect so much as the positions they end up in once they get there. Very few can survive in politics and remain directly tied to their constituents needs. There are so many lobbyists and other politicos telling them what we really want, need or what's best for us that they have great difficulty listening to the people anymore above the clamor. We just become more noise in their ears.

The best defense is a good offense. Stop your opponent's advance by attacking him in an unexpected manner, then intensify and augment to achieve victory. Do not relent until the threat is eliminated. Realize that defending a position is always a losing proposition. Be prepared for the next wave, adjust your strategy to keep your opponent unprepared. Use unconventional methods to avoid being anticipated. Find a way to escalate the conflict to a no-win situation. If you get there before your opponent, he will be unwilling to initiate another attack, and you will have won by stalemate, since your objective is survival, while his is only domination. If you prepare for battle with these objectives in mind, you will be successful.

16. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

Sinple they can knock all they want if they come in they have to pass through the lead wall that will be approaching them and I am sure I will be the one who lives

17. Armorer

Armorer Guest

You say you'll change the constitution,
    well, you know,
    we all want to change your head.
    You tell me it's the institution,
    well, you know,
    you better free your mind instead.
    But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao,
    you ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow.

From soldier, to citizen, to martyr.

That day WILL be a good day to die!

18. I doubt very much if the Government has the resources to round up all the guns, and they know that!

And...if they did it would take more years than our next generation would need to worry about.

But, we do need to worry about the generations to come...that's fer sure...yepper.

We need to continue voting as our hearts tell us.....other than that we have little passive control over it.

Gawd help 'em if it ever gets to non-passive round-up time.

I, for one...and I hope Big Brother is reading this.....it will be a cold day in H E double L before they ever take mine...................and that's a fact!

19. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Read "Unintended Consequences".
    An armed man is a citizen,an unarmed man is a subject.
    :nod: :nod: :nod:

20. 7mmag6

7mmag6 G&G Newbie

Guys im a little bit more upbeat on this, of course I come from a state that has little or no gun laws, in catron county in New Mexico, the county passed a law that everyone must bear arms, side arms or equivelent, on thier person, i can still put a rifle rack in my pick up no questions asked, and stock it with my favorite rifle good old 7mmag, and carry a loaded 357 mag in my glove box ,legal, good old New Mexico, the last outpost