Think Before You Post!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Brother Bob, May 17, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

I've been reading some of the threads and I assure you that not too many Newby's would consider this forum as "friendly"! I believe that topics involving sexual preference have no place and serve no useful purpose on this forum, what-so-ever! I also believe that folks should do their homework and THINK before they post threads that result in hurt feelings and expulsions from this forum! If you think that your post is going to hurt someone's feelings or cause a war of words along with moderator intervention, than maybe you may want to think twice about it before you post! Whether you have 2 posts or 10,000 posts, we are all equal members and there is no rank assigned! Let's try to keep the inflammatory threads to a minimum so everyone can enjoy OUR forum.:hitwithrock:

Last edited: May 17, 2008

2. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

Think Before You Post!

^ i will do no such thing!!!!

just jokeing, thanks BB i think your right.

3. I still consider myself a newbie to these boards, and i still feel they are quite friendly (tho the rivalry between the conservatives and the commi... err democrats seems to be quite prevalent here ;) )

but then again i come from boards that are populated by 12 year old keyboard Counterstrike commandos and thus comments on this board seem quite tame by comparison.

:)

4. I don't think before I post, I just don't post at all.

"If you don't have anything nice to say then just don't say it!"

Simple as that.

5. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

I think respect is paramount but, sadly, extremely lacking in our current society. We all have our own opinions and as soon as you all realize that mine is the only one worthy of consideration, the better off we'll all be! :D

6. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

YES SIR WILL DO.....!!!! :)

7. Pred

Pred Guest

Personally I think some of you all need to get out more. Saying this forum is "unfriendly" because of some, actually very lame, somewhat personal posts in that thread is laughable at best.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera G&G Newbie

I would say, generally speaking, even controversial subjects are handled pretty civilly here.

We may disagree on some matters, and fiercely at that, but the vast majority of our posts contain no personal attacks, harsh language, or inflammatory diatribes.

Even some people I disagree with very strongly on some matters and I have found common ground on many subjects.

That's what I like about this place. it shows that by and large, there's almost always some sort of room for understanding and agreement among sometimes very different people.

- Coeloptera

9. deadman03

deadman03 G&G Addict

nc
    i havent realy noticed any post that would make me think that this isn't the friendliest gun forum. it seems to me that most people here are very nice to one another, and many seem good friends.

10. AKHunter

AKHunter G&G Newbie

[quote
    I think respect is paramount but, sadly, extremely lacking in our current society. We all have our own opinions and as soon as you all realize that mine is the only one worthy of consideration, the better off we'll all be! :D

Toolman, how did you know how I felt about everyone else ? :09::34:

11. SIR YES SIR! Just remember you are ALL UNIQUE Just like everyone else.
    Everyone on here has been friendly to me ever since I first got on here in 1965. Well everyone except the ones that havent. Heck SNIFFF SNIFFF I just found my long lost brother on here. SNIFF SNIFF. What a nice place.

12. Brother Bob sounds good to me.
    That Thread should of never been posted here anyway.
    A.H

13. Rambo

Rambo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

America
    But when all the dust settles, we'll be buying each other beers down at the local watering hole.

14. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I couldn't agree more, BB!

I do find it heart warming to see so many members defending and reprimanding those that flame others or post inappropriate statements. It shows that the forum is trying to police itself and not just relying on the hard work of the moderators. There are a lot of great people here.

15. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

LOL,Toolman speaks, everyone listen. Sir, you are a classic. You like most of the others here have a great sense of humor.
    Bro. Bob, I feel like on forums like the Powder Keg are for any posts that friends might wish to discuss. On some of the hot topics you are going to get differences of opinions that will be somewhat heated. But even in these responses there is no profanity and very little bashing meant to be hurtful instead of making a point, and usually these are apologized for. Also, if the comments seem to be getting too heated some member will suggest that we leave this thread for awhile and go talk guns. This is done voluntarily because we are all friends. I do agree with you that sometimes a little more thought before you post could make it sound less inflammatory. In the heat of the moment we tend to post the first thoughts that pop into our head when a little more thought might let you say the same thing in a nicer way. Remember the old adage, keep your words soft and sweet for you never know which ones you will have to eat.

16. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Inflammatory Threads!
    Needs Inflammatory Medicine, Like "Preparation H" Or Some Hemorrhoidal Salve 1000MG with Durkees hot sause additive. I think i will invent some for only a few folks here and call it G and G Super H 1,0000000 MG. Takes care of the political experts and the ones that like to argue instead of civil comments to excellent hunting, fishing, guns and range outings, Etc, Etc.....! Or maybe just a nice comment on "Nice Gun", "Thanks For The Info".

Other than those with the radical point of views and the lookers with no comments, This is a dang great site!, and thanks to all you fine sportsmen and women that carry this great site along with the moderators. You all make my day, Bob you are right a little bit more courtesy from all of us makes it happen!

17. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

If there is no rank assigned in here, then why does it say Mayor under your name? lol
    Don't only be careful about what you write, but also what you read. Sometimes people take things out of context. Most the time I think people say things in a joking manner. If you don't like something someone says, let them know in private before you make a big deal about it. Could just be a misunderstanding!

18. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

If you are having a problem with someone, please contact a moderator, no need to start a thread about it.

19. from an olde Kingston Trio song " Italians hate Yougoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch, an I don't like anybody very much!" J/K:34::hitwithrock: