Thinking of Jaison

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by mdj696, Jun 28, 2020.

1. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

Last night we ran a you tube video, The Raccoon Whisperer, and I thought of Jaison and myself. Really cool. Wish knew how to upload video on this site.

2. austinjoe13

austinjoe13 <------------<<<-

Copy the URL of the video page and paste in on here.

3. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That would be great to see that video!

4. Jaison

That was incredible.

Thank you for posting that video.

Mindy up North, PAPA G and ChaZam like this.
  5. Jaison

PAPA G and ChaZam like this.
  6. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Lots of cool stuff on his YT channel...

PAPA G and Jaison like this.
  7. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

I'm waiting for "Princess" MaMa raccoon to show up with her litter. Last year the 3 babies would try to come inside and ma ma trusted us the keep on eating the bird seed. One would keep climbing up my leg for his marsh mellow. Ma Ma thought of us as her baby sitter. Whats so cute, Princess will look through sliding glass door, looking at me, the wife and back at me,letting her presents known. Will stay there until one of us gets up and heads to the other glass door waiting to be fed.

PAPA G, Jaison and ChaZam like this.
  8. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I think most animals are smart enough to realize if a person means them no harm.

jwrauch, PAPA G and ChaZam like this.
  9. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

I think so, also, but I think many of them don't trust their instincts. :p

When I go out in the mornings to put critter food out on the driveway & in the bird feeders, there's usually a few out there, grabbing up anything left from the day before. They've seen me do this hundreds of times, yet they all scatter the minute they see me.

Did have an old fox squirrel that didn't seem to be bothered & would sit, eating left over sunflower seeds until I could almost reach out & touch him. The minute I started to bend over, however, he'd run.

One time, I caught him in a seed bin we'd attached to a tree. It had a hinged top for filling it & the seed spilled out on the bottom shelf. That wasn't fast enough for him & he'd raise the top to get the seed by the handful. I caught him once being almost all the way in the feeder, with just his tail hanging out.

In the position he was in, couldn't hear me sneak up on him. I just brushed his tail with the back of my hand & all h___ broke loose! There was sheer panic in his eyes when he came outta that feeder & he couldn't get away from there fast enough!:eek:

10. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

Beggin' moochin' critters. They need jobs!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

11. PaleHawkDown

A friend of mine had to get a rabies shot after befriending a squirrel. The thing would climb up on the porch swing next to her and eat. After a while she could put seed on her knee and the squirrel would take it. She could even pet it a little. One day she put the seed in her hand.

The squirrel was nervous, but climbed up on her wrist. Then he began shoving seed into his cheeks with his little hands as fast as he could. She laughed, he panicked, and he took the last little bit of seed directly with his mouth and ran away.

He took a chunk of hand out with it.

She cleaned the wound and went to the doctor for stitches, and the doctor would not let her leave without a rabies shot.

She's not sure if it permanently scared the squirrel or if she began giving out a different vibe after that, but the squirrel would never get close to her again.

12. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Sudden moves will certainly spook them.

There was a red chow dog on my paper route. The people had a chain link fence around the front yard & I was told to never, ever go inside that fence. There was a container attached to the fence, next to the mail box that I put the paper in. First of each month, there'd be payment in it.

I always tried to make friends with any animal, but especially dogs, on my route. Every morning, that chow would come out to the gate & I'd take a minute just talking to it. Eventually, I eased my hand over the fence, let him smell of it, then scratch him behind the ear. Eventually, I considered us friends. One morning, the papers had been dropped off late & I was in a hurry, so I put their paper in the container & quickly reached over to pat him on the head. He didn't go for that & snapped at me! Did not bite hard enough to break the skin, but taught me a lesson.

neophyte, jwrauch, BigEd63 and 3 others like this.
  13. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

Here's Princess coming for her afternoon marsh mellows. One can set your watch to her. 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

neophyte, cjleete, PAPA G and 4 others like this.
  14. mdj696

mdj696 G&G Evangelist

Its amazing how gentle she takes a marsh mellow from my hand. Last year one of the youngsters would hold my fingers with his front paws taking said marsh mellow. Their front paws are so soft. I'm amazed how far they can walk on their back legs. I was trying to take her picture with her standing straight up but camera had about a second delay before flash. Bottom picture was getting her in view with camera and she gently held my fingers. She was standing up when I got the picture. Other pictures I took I wanted to get her standing upright and she got down as camera flashed. 001.JPG

15. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Those videos are cute but I'll stick to our domesticated pets and using feeders for the wildlife.

neophyte, animalspooker and PAPA G like this.
  16. PaleHawkDown

I've been told female raccoons can make good pets, but the males have a little switch that seems to go off in their head when they hit a certain age.

17. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

Men have that switch too, it's called "mid-life crisis" - - and is often associated with purchasing unneeded items specific to boosting their feeling of masculinity...

... and then women are forced to counter with MENopause:p:D

18. runfiverun

runfiverun G&G Evangelist

we don't really have a mid-life crisis, we always wanted that sports car.
    you-all just kept us broke enough we couldn't afford it until that point where we gave up on y'all and just bought it.

19. Mindy up North

Mindy up North G&G Evangelist

crying-with-laughter.gif