This Can't Be For Real

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by gandog56, May 25, 2008.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Saw this while cruising for C&R guns At Century International Arms:

Product ID: RI153 Condition: Good
    Austrian M95 Mannlicher Carbine, Cal. 8x56R

The infamous Austro-Hungarian Empire supplied its military with the M95 during its powerful reign. This is an improved infantry rifle from the model 1890. The rifle includes a full-length handguard, leaf pattern rear sight and sling swivels. Comes with 5 rd. box magazine, bayonet and scabbard. Barrel: 19”, Overall: 39.5”, Weight: 7.03 lbs. Curio & Relic.

Price: $69.87

Coming Soon

Dang, they want 30 bucks just for a bayonet for one! I wonder how soon is coming soon?

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  2. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Dunno. But I'm gonna keep watching!

3. gandog56

I would almost buy another one at that price just for the bayonet.

almost

4. Isn't ammo the hard part to come by with these though? And if one does find some isn't it pretty darn pricey? And where are you talking about. The link takes or took me to gunandgames forums?

5. gandog56

Shoot boy, you ever hear of reloading. My shoulder has a nice bruise on it from firing 100 rounds of development loads I made last Sunday. And I don't even know how a link got put in there. I didn't. Got rid of it, though. You have to be logged in as a dealer at Century International Arms to see the prices. C&R's are a good thing!

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  6. SwedeSteve

The C&R is the best money I've ever spent!

7. Iron_Colonel

Iron_Colonel G&G Enthusiast

Hahah, I think thats a good idea. Sounds nice. Hopefully my C&R will come soon :D

8. gandog56

I have seen auctions with the bayonets that high. But like I said, they must be expecting a shipment or something. Still says "coming soon".

9. I had to look that one up. It currently says "good condition with cracked stock" for that price. Add about 20 bucks for a good stock. Still, not a bad deal if you luck out and get a stock that just needs some glue, but you won't know until it shows up.

10. gandog56

You stopped too soon. That is the one listed on the first page. The ones I'm talking about are on page three. No mention of any cracked stock there.

11. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

I'm gonna invest in that Gorilla Glue outfit! Danged near everything I've seen advertised lately has those magic words "with cracked stock" on it. That wouldn't be too bad, but that's been on Makarovs, CZ-52s and so on...

12. gandog56

Well if you have the right clamps. But I'm a waiting for these coming soons to come in.

13. I am STILL waiting on my renewal. The license expired April 1. I got a letter from the ATF saying that it was being processed and was to be used as proof of a valid license until the new issuance.

14. Right clamps=long, narrow strips cut from inner tubes. Squeeze the glue into the cracks with hypodermic needle; wrap stock tightly with strips like you're doing an ankle with Ace bandages; tie off until dry.

15. gandog56

Well of course I was out all day yesterday. Got on my computer about 2 AM, and the coming soon was already all gone. I WAS ONLY GONE ONE DAY!:grumble:

I can only take consolation that I already have an M95, but dammit, I wanted that bayonet!:sad2:

16. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    The ammo isn't the least expensive on the market, but you can get it. What is the backbreaker is finding the clips to load it in. The way that Steyr works, the rounds are loaded into a clip that fits into the integral magazine. You fire the last round and the empty clip drops out the bottom of the magazine - sort of the same principle as the en bloc clip of the Garand.

You can find the clips on gunbroker.com, and some of the other ammo house have them as separate sale items. I think the going rate for the clips is about $2.50 per each. But as you can't use the Steyr as anything but a single-shot without them, if you want to use it right you ahve to pay for the clips.

17. gandog56

Huh? Charger clips were easy. The Old Western Scrounger has them for $2.50 apiece and only charges $2.50 to ship up to six of them. I got 6, and four of them had Nazi proof marks. Graf And Sons has boxer primed Prvi Partizan brass at $40/100. They sell Hornady 205 grain bullets at the correctly sized .329" for $20/100.

18. Grumpus

Grumpus Curmudgeon Emeritus NRA Life Member

Right you are! Thanks, Troy! Good, good advice!

19. SwedeSteve

Troy is an old hand at woodworking. I think he used to shave logs or something, LOL !!

20. gandog56

Logs, or legs?:09: