Gun and Game Forum banner

This is my new pistol

Hi-Point 
3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MoDoc 
#1 ·
This is the first "new" weapon that I've ever owned and because of that (and the fact that I like to tinker) I have done some minor visual modifications to it. Here is my Hi Point JHP .45

Let me know what ya'll think of it!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on buying your first new handgun. Enjoy it. I wouldn't mind having a Hi-Point for plinking at my cabin. No matter what you do to it they will fix it or replace it for life.

#4 ·
I picked this one up for $200 and some change.
Nice to see they haven't gone up much in price. Last time I saw their handguns locally was at a very small show for $175 OTD. That was about three years ago. I wish more companies would make low cost reliable firearms. I want one of the .40 S&W carbines, but wouldn't turn down any caliber I found at a good price.

#8 ·
Nice to see they haven't gone up much in price. Last time I saw their handguns locally was at a very small show for $175 OTD. That was about three years ago. I wish more companies would make low cost reliable firearms. I want one of the .40 S&W carbines, but wouldn't turn down any caliber I found at a good price.
My LGS has a carbine in .45 that I'm thinking of getting.

#9 ·
My LGS has a carbine in .45 that I'm thinking of getting.
You turned a mundane looking handgun into a really good looking machine. I like the looks!

Hi-Point should take a serious look into what you've accomplished.

Congrats!

Let's see what you can do with their carbine.

#11 ·
You turned a mundane looking handgun into a really good looking machine. I like the looks!

Hi-Point should take a serious look into what you've accomplished.

Congrats!

Let's see what you can do with their carbine.
I really want to but alas, funds are drying up. If I could sell this t53 for a reasonable price, I might be able to at least put it on layaway. Idk.

#14 ·
I've never had to use the customer service of High-Point [ 995, 995TS, 4595TS, JHP ] , but I've had to with Ruger[poor] & Kel-Tec[pretty good]. The Ruger 22/45 & the Kel-Tec PMR30 were both prettier, better engineered guns, but both had problems the factory needed to fix. My cheap & ugly High-Points have been mostly flawless in operation. The problems I've had have been correctable by my own paws [and caused by my rough use]....
I'm still a fan of Ruger & Kel-Tec, especially for the affordability of both, but have to give High-Point credit for making an even less expensive gun that in my experience has been very reliable. Because of their low cost, I've tended to be very harsh with my HP weapons - often using them in very nasty situations intended to provoke a failure. I've had the JHP apart a couple of times,[difficult for me] but it was subjected to pond water, then torrential rain, and not really taken care of very quickly after either incident. I was surprised the ammo was still ok after those two snafus. Mostly, I've just cleaned the feed ramp, chamber & barrel, oiled them up, and shot away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.