This may sound real sick but.....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by GrassHoppa, Sep 11, 2002.

1. GrassHoppa

GrassHoppa Guest

My words maybe a little mixed up but I'll explain why. Since 9/11 has rolled around again, it brought back a lot of anger. First off, I'm Canadian. After the 11th, and I was through being flabberghasted at the whole situation, I was so angry. I wanted to head south of the boarder and join up. It's may sound stupid, but I was pretty close. I was even closer to joining up with the armed forces here in Edmonton. I was only stoppd by my girlfriend, who I had just bought a new townhouse with.
    So again the day rolls around and reminds me again of that day. I kinda wish I didn't have to see the towers fall again on the news. I got angry. Again, I'm terribly upset and sad.

So, my mind wanders and I think about myself going abroad to 'that' country to test out my Garand. It would be fitting that an American rifle such as the Garand be able to perform in the way it was designed to, against it's enemies. I know, it's sounds sick, but I really want to exact my own revenge on those people who carried out the attacks. It would just feel 'right' to rid the world of those kind of people and make sure that nothing like 9/11 could ever be done again. Though that's not very likely.

So, here's to all who gave their lives to all those who lost their's a year ago today. Firefighters, civilians, Police. Everyone.

/me raises a glass

:drink:

2. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    your normal.

3. It was pretty chilling hear the names of 3000 lost souls.

4. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

nice sentiments Grasshoppa, you prove that not all Canadians are bad, or what ever, alot of my grief with Canada has to do with its most famous exports to this country, those sneering, and smug talking heads; the my chit don't stink entertainers, the liberal elite . but you are ok in my book!!!

5. Gus L.

Gus L. Guest

I wish Peter Jennings thought that way...:nod:

6. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I could only watch so much of it today before my eyes teared up in anger and I wanted to grab an AR-15 and go looking for that towel head b a s t a r d myself!!!!! :assult: :nod: <Osama!

7. Grasshopper, thanks for being a good neighbor...fer sure.

And, that's Peter H. Jennings, thank you.

Change his first name to a synonym and keep his middle name, Head....you get my drift, don't ya?

8. GrassHoppa

GrassHoppa Guest

Well, that's good to hear. If it came down to it, I'd be right next to you guys. Two countries, but the same continent.

9. Grasshoppa--

Ever hear of Gold Beach? June 6th, 1944. D-Day. It was the Canadian who took it. I think that America knows where Canada stands. I hate to use this forum like this guys, but you people, who are men I have never met, seem like the types that I could talk to. I really never get emotional, or at least I never did, but when I see the TV programs of families and widows, widowers, orphans, etc. I just cannot help it. That mother fu cker is still alive, his people cheer our dead. I cannot even describe the admiration that I have for these families of the victims that can muster the guts to complete a TV interview. I really do not know where they can find it to do so. I look at my wife and my 17 month old son and I pinch myself that , they are here, they are healthy, and I pray that that will continue. I guess this raw emotion comes because I am a new father and I couldnt imagine losing my son or my wife. I really do not know what I would do. Who do you go after? These people dont have any closure. What got me was the interview with the NY fireman who said his family was lucky because they found his bothers body to bury. I lost it when they said the firemen saluted his father, another veteran fireman, as he and his sons went to retrieve the son that was killed. I really never have talked to anybody about this. Not even my wife. I guess I should apologize to you gentlemen for me getting on my soapbox and venting this. I dont know what else to say.

Thank you,

Mike

Last edited: Sep 12, 2002
  10. Man it's hard reading your post without a tear. I think we all feel the same. Thanks Mike.

11. I didn't watch much, but the pictures of the lost firefighters were hard to take. Someone once said there are only Marines, not ex-Marines. I was a volunteer firefighter for eight years and I decided the same holds true about firefighters.

I wore my old badge to the school where I teach, yesterday with a black mourning strip around it.

12. Don

Don Guest

Don't forget, Grasshoppa is not the only Canadian who feels that way. Remember the service we Canadians had in Gander, Newfoundland or maybe CBS/NBC/ABC didn't give that any coverage at all. We Canadians had a battalion of pongoes (grunts to Americans) in Afganistan and one of our boys plincked a rag at 2400 meters, one shot one kill. how's that for support, eh.

13. GrassHoppa

GrassHoppa Guest

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, now that's service. Yeah, well it sure is good to know that I'm not alone. I didn't think I was, but I was just checking.

14. PAPA G

Don what service happened in Gander???, if you could enlighten me. i know our major media doesn't always cover things. i know in my local media market University of Kentucky sports take precedence over all else.

15. Don

Don Guest

When the airspace in USA was closed to all air traffic, all the international flights that were in the air at the time had to go someplace. Those that had the fuel returned to their departure airport, those that did not landed in Canada. Gander was one of the primary diversion airfields for these aircraft. By late afternoon, Gander looked a lot like Davis-Monthan AFB (the big aircraft storage base). They recieved 48 unscheduled international flights (Halifax got about 38, while Edmonton got about 12 and even Whitehorse in the Yukon got 3 and Yellowknife, NWT got 1). The passengers all spent the better part of four days standed in Gander (let me think 48 with an average of 100 people per gives about 480 extra bodies). Gander does not have the hotels to accomodate this number of extras, so the town people opened their doors to all. The service was not just a rememberance of 9/11 but a thank you from all the stranded people.

Canada, we are the friendly neighbours to the north.

16. PAPA G

thank you so much Don, sad to say, i was totally unaware of the great hospitality of Canadians in time of uncertainty, well i thank you and your fellow country men for opening your doors to so many strangers.

17. Don

Don Guest

Hey, that is one of the things that we Canadians are renown for, that and highly professional military people. Remember one shot one kill - 2400 meters, what could be better.

18. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Remember one shot one kill - 2400 meters, what could be better. [/B][/QUOTE]

Waiting for his raghead buddy to step behind him:)

19. GrassHoppa

GrassHoppa Guest

LOL, yes that would be just a bit better. Not by much, but a bit better.