This Most Amazing Place!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by ezearln, Sep 14, 2010.

1. With the Most Amazing People!

I cannot ever be thankful enough for having had the good fortune of finding this most remarkably special spot. I speak of course of Gun and Game, what a fantastic group of people, in numbers and class I no longer believed existed. I have no doubt this IS the "Friendliest Spot (as well as the most caring) on the Internet".

During this trying time with the loss of Mike West, as well as the trial's and tribulations of others I rediscovered once again what endears me to this place so very much. Friends stepped up with PM's, help with posting's and phone calls. I can never Thank You enough you have renewed again my faith that there ARE good people in this old world. God Bless, keep and love each and everyone of you. You all are in my prayers. Thank You for your Friendships and Thank you for allowing me to become a member of this most special family!

2. Steve

Steve Master Gunsmith Staff Member

It is because your are a very special person yourself earl, and this place we call G&G is filled with very special people.
    Steve

3. White Rook

White Rook G&G Evangelist

I couldn't agree more Earl. Being a member here has showed me that we still have a lot of Patriotic Americans that still love this country and our way of life. It amazes me how many members we have that may never meet face to face that are willing to help out each other in hard times.

4. Paul T

Paul T G&G Newbie

I have many firends here as well. Many of us have a common bond like you and I Earl. Both retired Gunners mates andgun crazed individuals. There are a lot of Okies and Texans and Arkies and Kansans here and many form different parts of the world. I have had good fortune in being able to have convesations with alot of people here and I cannot say that I am less bless for haveing known these guys. Please just drop a pm if any one wants to talk.

5. TheLastMountain

TheLastMountain G&G Evangelist

I agree with ya Earl, what a great place with great people.

6. I appreciate the friendships more than I can say.

7. I agree Earl. There is a class of people in this forum that used to be common in America of friendship and helping your neighbours and friends through hard times that you don't see any more.

8. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Not quite ayear ago i was googling something and came to this forum. After i read what i was looking for I did a quick brouse and bookmarked it as it looked interesting (I already belonged to a good gun forun). Afew days later I came back and started reading threads from when this forum was first started years back. After a short time I knew I had stumbled across a really unique place. As an outsider I could feel the warmth. I saw good God fearing patriots that cared about America and each other. I joined.

I feel truely blessed and thank God I found G&G. I'm not great at words like some here nor am I one to show great affection (though I feel it...John Wayne syndrome I guess,lol) but I do feel close to everyone here. Everyone has made me feel at home since day one... none of this "ya gotta prove yourself over time" crap.

And yes Like many of you A.H. within a week asked to be my friend and welcomed me.I was humbled by that great guy.

So thank God, and all of you for this amazing place and I will continue to try my best to live up to the high stantards those before me have set.

9. larmus

larmus G&G Enthusiast

earl you rock buddy, im glad to have met you and others here at G&G and am honored to call you all my friends. when im in chat its awesome to have your wit and wisdom among us.

10. chesterwin

chesterwin G&G Evangelist

Earl. Sorry I had to get on to bed last night but I had to work. Sometimes the time zones don't allow for as long a call as I would like...sure feels good to be back online though! Talk to you again soon feller...

11. We are the last Boy Scouts, Earl I really enjoyed the conversation we had on chat one night. I wish we could all get together sometime and chew the fat, and punch some holes in paper.

12. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

You are so right Earl. We have the best and most caring group of folks here on G&G which is why I enjoy spending so much time on here. I have made friends here that are like brothers and sisters. Mike West was one of them. God Bless all you good folks.

13. Earl Easter

Earl Easter Pheasant Hunter Forum Contributor

Dang Gonnit, It sure is a good place.....

I have been havin some trouble gettin it back together....... It sure is good to have
    you folks around...The Other Earl...LOL....

14. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Fully agree, ezearln. This is an excellent group, and I'm proud to belong. I can't help but notice that most politicians are out of step with the true American values G&G members represent.

15. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    I could go on for a long time rambling about the valuable info posted on this site. I have been made aware of things happening that are not discussed in the mainstream media, and also have watched friends relay thoughts, condolences, and factual info about many topics, all with a touch of personal caring about one anothers life, and well being. Earl, you appear to be the type of caring person for others that make this site a good place to hang our hats, and click a friend when we need one. Although it is hard for many of us far away from each other here to help in person, there is always someone here willing to bend an ear to help a friend,with facts, advice, and just plain old fashion sincereness.

16. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Chris and all the Moderators for their untiring efforts to keep this Community alive and well. You all rock and should give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back !! In reading all the posts about what this site means to so many, I felt the need to voice my appreciation for them and myself.

17. gamehunter

gamehunter G&G Evangelist

what EZearln said is very true about this forum and that is why I enjoy it so much here. I have even had one member help me out with sending some stuff over to NZ for me after he found out how ridiculously expensive prices I had been paying for certain things. But most of all I enjoy the humor and wisdom of all the members here and I have learned alot more about the american way of life since I have been here by reading threads to do with it and this kiwi is proud to be here.

18. DaTeacha

DaTeacha Things are not what they seem. Forum Contributor

What they all said is true for this Buckeye, too. Please note, though, that I am NOT a fan of that school in Columbus that uses the same nickname as the whole state. :)

19. woody1981

woody1981 Love Your Firearms! Forum Contributor

Oh, no, teach! Could I try to brainwash you by giving you free tuition to my OSU "madrasa." LOL

20. Kodiak32

Kodiak32 G&G Regular

I have to agree; if this type is in red I have no idea what is going on.

I have always thought this a great site and consider all members my friend. If I can help a G&G member in some way I will.

We are fortunate to have a venue to discuss firearms thanks too Chris, also thanks the moderators, they take allot of stuff and keep going .

What really makes this site special are the members, we are lucky to have such knowledgeable and diverse posters that cover all era of firearms. Billy, Mooseman and Captn Mill were all very helpful on various topics; this doesn’t include the hundreds of other posts by other members on firearms that were very informative.

Also the most important thing is that members watch out for each other, there is a genuine concern about a persons safety or condition.