Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
Just read about it in the Feb. issue of Guns & Ammo. Not surprised they jumped on the bandwagon with the Winchester straight wall round. More states allowing straight-wall cartridges I have read. Wish my state would.

· Registered
23,369 Posts
It is basically .375 Winchester. Why not just bring back .375 Winchester so that people who were dumb enough to buy Winchester 94s in the '70s and '80s, not knowing the ammo would be non-existant by the '90s, could bring them out of mothballs?

At least that cartridge was an attempt to modernize the 38-55. The 360 Buckhammer is just a ripoff of another cartridge.

· Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is basically .375 Winchester. Why not just bring back .375 Winchester so that people who were dumb enough to buy Winchester 94s in the '70s and '80s, not knowing the ammo would be non-existant by the '90s, could bring them out of mothballs?

At least that cartridge was an attempt to modernize the 38-55. The 360 Buckhammer is just a ripoff of another cartridge.
Most new cartridges are, they try to reinvent the wheel, some succeed and some don't.

· Registered
12,762 Posts

what you talking about? i shoot both of my 375's all the time.

this is something different.
it is designed for those guys stuck in the 1.8 case length states.
IF,,,IF they can get to their designated 50-K PSI this round will mimic the 35 remington [at only 40$ a box]
if they can't it'll be a slow 30-30 at best, like a slow 357 Maximum at worst.

hopefully they dump a bunch of those 180-200gr. bullets on the market at a reasonable price.

· Registered
42 Posts
I think you guys are missing the point of it. It not being an ar cartridge will give it leverage the 350 doesn't have. Easy obtained brass (30/30), a rifle which even with all the various bs definitions of assault weapon will never meet (lever action), and still fits the straight wall cartridge states while actually being a 358 diameter which the legend frankly screwed up.

· <------------<<<-
4,691 Posts
It seems the most sucessful new cartridges lately have been MSR-able cartridges. That ia why I’m thinking the 360 may not takw off. It sounds like a good enough idea to me, otherwise.

Reactions: neophyte

· Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems the most sucessful new cartridges lately have been MSR-able cartridges. That ia why I’m thinking the 360 may not takw off. It sounds like a good enough idea to me, otherwise.
A lot of times it's about who came up with it first, and who didn't screw up when it came to rifling the barrels to handle the right bullets, hence the original 243 6mm issues and others.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts