close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tiananmen Square

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Doglips, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Tiananmen Square

The Chinese people do not have an enforceable Bill of Rights: they do not have the right to speak freely, to peaceably assemble, to petition the government, to be free from unreasonable search and seizure, or to have an impartial and public trial.

In April, 1989, the Chinese people bravely demanded these freedoms. Unfortunately, they do not have the right to keep and bear arms, either. As the world watched in horror, the Communist tyrants crushed the unarmed demonstrators like so many insects.

The streets ran red with the blood of freedom, but freedom did not carry the day.

Rights are worthless without the firearms necessary to defend them.
    :assult:

2. Most interesting point

It has since come out that the organizers of the rally that was squashed by the Chi-com Red Army, knew the govt was coming, and knew what theyd do. Apparently they thought the oncoming slaughter would make martyrs out of them...........I saw this in a tv report about the whole incident.

I still remember that one student or business man that stood there in front of the tank and would not move. It was a very powerful image.

I wonder how many Americans would have the cajhones to do the same if our Govt ran amok.........

:confused:

3. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yeah but now that dudes dead and nothing has changed. He died for nothing, sometimes its better to run away to fight another day!

4. Eric

Eric G&G Newbie

USA
    About the only thing it really accomplished was to endanger China's "Most-favored Nation status" with the US. There has been lots of discussion over the incident since it happened, but nothing has changed. That's one of the benefits for the government of a country whose people have zero rights. They can quash anything and have no repercussions.

5. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

That's really telling it like it is,if we loose our weapons,we loose our freedom,it's just thst simple!:nod: :nod: :nod: :cool: