close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

tiger stipeing

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by tommy, Jul 25, 2002.

1. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i got a new sar1 it looks real nice with the stained wood but i want too tiger stipe it you know the vietnam tigerstripes. but the wife is saying no way i am very capable of doin a good job on it but she said the price of the gun would go down . i say it will go up if anything.so she said too put a post up to see what you guys would do.

2. MarkII 22

MarkII 22 G&G Newbie

I'd try on chepe 22 or something befor I tri"d on a good gun. After I got the hang of it I'd do it.

3. Are you planning on selling it --if not who cares.

4. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

no i'm not planning on selling it. and i am pretty good in the art dept. i'm goin too take a shot at it and i will post some pics of before and after.i got a lot of time on my hands at the present time.

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Check out nouglyguns.com for some pictures of rifles with this type of color scheme. You can get some good ideas, there.

6. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

thanks for the sight info they got some good lookin guns in there .i will post some pics of mine when i'm finish.:assult:

7. nurse

nurse G&G Newbie

Iowa
    I did it with woodland camo tape on a Maddi with the flake off paint,after the tape falls off , I'll try Brownells spray and bake
    earth brown paint.could buy black and apply with brush for camo
    finnish, you can do it, but the paint stinks when baked.:nod:

8. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

It should'nt be a big deal...aren't those SAR's painted, anyway?

9. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I pity the fool who messes up a nice gun Mr (T)! :p

10. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

i'm not really sure what kinda stain or paint it has on it now.it all matches pretty good though. i just want it too be different . dressed up a little.you know a one of a kind. but i'm kinda having trouble getting the stock off the gun. i took out the top screw and i don't see any others but she ain't budgeing. any ideas

11. Mr (T)

Mr (T) G&G Newbie

Don't talk to me with that jibber-jabber!

;)

Mr (T)

PS- maybe the buttstock's varnish has solidified on the rear receiver tang...try a rubber mallet after you remove the pistol grip screw and the screw anchor.

12. Buttstock?
    Did someone say BUTTstock?!!!

We will have no more of that kind of language!

One more time and I will have no choice but to take away your AK for a week!

13. Rock

Rock G&G Newbie

Tommy, there is two screws in the stock one is on the inside, you need to remove the recoil spring to see it...

14. tommy

tommy G&G Enthusiast

thanks for the info but i found it after i got off the puter. already started sanding..the stock of it. can't wait till i'm finished. thanks again rock