Tikka Mounts?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by calaper, May 13, 2008.

1. calaper

calaper G&G Addict

Hi all,

I believe that when i pick up my tikka hunter later this week it should come with free mounts...not sure if this is correct but what i do want to know is how do their mounts perform?

Are these mounts of good quality and can they handle being knocked around while keeping their zero? I haven't heard anything about their mounts so please let me know what you all think.

Cheers,

Lachlan

2. turner

turner Guest

I purchased a Tikka 695 (25/06) about 5 yrs ago that I had to purchase rings for. I got Millets and was completely satisfied with them. I got a T-3 SS/Lam (300WSM) about 3 yrs ago and seems like it came with matching SS rings. I mounted a nice Zeiss scope on it and it was a very nice package. The rings were/are very sturdy. Tikka's system is similar, if not identical to Sako's, a milled receiver and the rings will fit directly onto it, no bases needed. This, I think is the best type of scope mounting system for a hunting rifle. Ruger and the T/C Icon are other rifles using a similar idea, not requiring bases, only rings. I'm not a big fan of the Icon, but it's system with multiple slots, piccatinny and Weaver style both front and rear are very user friendly allowing a wide choice in scope size and mounting.

3. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

You'll love the Tikka rings!

4. Ron AKA

Ron AKA Guest

I think the Tika ones are fine as long as they come with the gun and they are the right height for your scope. They are not a standard mounting system, and if they don't come with the gun (or are not right height), you will have to find some Tika style rings to use.

Ron

5. calaper

calaper G&G Addict

So i can expect to place a scope directly on top of my rifle without having to buy rings or bases? Tikka supply me with everything with exception of the scope?

I had to see what you thought about their mounts because i heard a fella in the shop who said it wouldn't hold a zero on his scope. I shouldn't expect the same if i use their rings?

6. Most mounts will hold zero well if not knocked around.Tikka make good gear,just make sure you get a scope of the right size for the mounts.And check the eye relief so you can get it in the right spot on top without having to crank your neck/head foward or backwards.

7. calaper

calaper G&G Addict

Cheers murphy, I'm hoping to receive my permit tomorrow or Friday. I'll get them to bore sight it and sort out the eye relief. I thought the mounts would be ok just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again

8. turner

turner Guest

My set-up was very secure and held zero fine. I would suppose it may well have been a less than perfect scope in that other report. The Sako/Tikka system has been around for quite some time and I think they have got it down pat.

9. gasgas

gasgas Guest

Hey Calaper I just picked up my T3 Hunter .243 yesterday and it has rings in the box. the front ring has a pin that fits in the hole on top of the action.

10. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor