Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the next couple months (hopefully next month) I'm going to buy a Tikka T3 lite in stainless. I've ran into a problem with the scope rings supplied when I ordered a gun for a customer. the rings are not high enough to use a 50mm scope. I've already planned on a Leupold VX-III 4.5-14X50 in silver finish.

what are my options?

preferably in a silver or stainless finish.

I'm not having much luck on this one.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leupold scope (4.5-14x50 B&C silver) and Warne rings showed up yesterday. (I was in the back yard this morning before sunrise checking out the scope).
I went with a slightly different set up. I'm going to use the EGW 1 piece Picatinny base across the top of the T3's reciever, Warne silver medium 1" weaver style rings, to set the 4.4-14x50 VX-III. those rings will do 44 mm, but with the added base thickness it should have the 50 mm at the right height. (it should be close but should work)
gun was ordered yesterday and should be here in 3 to 5 days.

·
Super Moderator
11,533 Posts
Keep us updated.....What is the caliber ??

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Look into the Dednutz mounts.

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leupold scope (4.5-14x50 B&C silver) and Warne rings showed up yesterday. (I was in the back yard this morning before sunrise checking out the scope).
I went with a slightly different set up. I'm going to use the EGW 1 piece Picatinny base across the top of the T3's reciever, Warne silver medium 1" weaver style rings, to set the 4.4-14x50 VX-III. those rings will do 44 mm, but with the added base thickness it should have the 50 mm at the right height. (it should be close but should work)
gun was ordered yesterday and should be here in 3 to 5 days.

I got her all squared away and might head to the range tomorrow to test her out. Base and rings worked out perfectly. It's been a long time putting this together. NICS had me on a long delay again. I think they just like to mess with me now and then....

·
Сергей Иванович Мосин.
2,555 Posts
SAKO Optilock Rings/Bases. Much better than the Tikka supplied ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts