Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my local Sports Authority store this evening looking at a Henry 22 and noticed that they had a Tikka in 270 Win. and another one in 30-06 Springfield priced at $449.97 which is $100.00 off of what they had them priced at previously. I don't know if they have them at all their stores at that price or not.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
Wow,

here in the Texas Panhandle I have never seen a Tikka of any model or caliber on sale. In fact, I do not recall them ever selling below the MSRP.

·
Premium Member
23,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here in the Texas Panhandle I have never seen a Tikka of any model or caliber on sale. In fact, I do not recall them ever selling below the MSRP.
I was surprised to see that as well. I spent a bunch of money getting my pickup fixed or I would have bought the 270 Win.

·
Premium Member
4,636 Posts
They are probably trying to clear thier firearms inventory like they did up here, they no longer carry firearms or ammo.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Tikka's are great rifles, I use one in .243 for coyotes.

·
Premium Member
4,009 Posts
I was in my local Sports Authority store this evening looking at a Henry 22 and noticed that they had a Tikka in 270 Win. and another one in 30-06 Springfield priced at $449.97 which is $100.00 off of what they had them priced at previously. I don't know if they have them at all their stores at that price or not.
Those are some excellent rifles and if you want one grab it at that price. retail markup on Beretta (tikka, Sako) rifles is very low. at that price they are selling them at or slightly below cost. Direct factory wholesale purchase on a Tikka T3 Lite blued synthetic is $459.99 if my memory is correct. heading for work in about another hour and I'll check the book later today.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Not to Necro-post, but either they are still on clearance or back on clearance for $449. I just picked up one in Greeley CO in 7mm Mag.

I have been a die-hard Remmy guy, but dang, looking at the craftsmanship and how tight all of the tolerances are it is very amazing. Trigger is great right out of the box.

·
Premium Member
23,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to Necro-post, but either they are still on clearance or back on clearance for $449. I just picked up one in Greeley CO in 7mm Mag.

I have been a die-hard Remmy guy, but dang, looking at the craftsmanship and how tight all of the tolerances are it is very amazing. Trigger is great right out of the box.
Hmmmh, I might have to go look at the local store and see if they have them as well.

(necro-post .... I like that)

·
Premium Member
23,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All guns should have walnut stocks !

:D

I've got a few with stocks that are about as close to walnut as margarine is to butter. Margarine is pretty close to plastic after all.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Saw the same thing at GM recently at $649, but GM is notoriously high around here. T3 is a good gun - grouped my .270 T3 to 3/4" the day I got it years ago and haven't had to touch it since. Real slick bolt operation.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Saw the same thing at GM recently at $649, but GM is notoriously high around here. T3 is a good gun - grouped my .270 T3 to 3/4" the day I got it years ago and haven't had to touch it since. Real slick bolt operation.
I agree with the Tika T3 I bought mine three years ago in 270, and can still
get 1" groups without touching the sights for months.
I use a Barska 6-24 scope which is not a top of the line scope but has never
failed me. I ordered the rifle with open sights and the Lgs asked me why?
I said if you are in the field and damage the scope you can still hunt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts