Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys know if they import it to the US? I know they have a pretty wide array of calibers available yet they only import a certain few to the US.

·
Sir Loin of Beef
16,717 Posts
Not sure about the Tikka, but Howa imports their bolt guns in 6.5x55 sweetness!

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
I have seen them on Bud's guns from time to time. I was wanting a left handed version for many years and even though they do make them they were not imported into the states. Until recently that is and they were a limited run. Of course I found that out after I had already bought the Howa. I you can't find a Tikka I would say go with a CZ.

·
Premium Member
23,961 Posts
Looking at their USA website the only Tikka I see currently available stateside in the 6.5x55 caliber is the $1850.00 T3 Sporter that appears to be a target gun.

Deprecated Browser Error

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking for a T3 lite in 6.5x55 for the last year. I contacted Beretta and they are adamant that they will not import them any longer. Contact I dealt with was arrogant and condescending. Almost made me want sell my 300WSM except I like it so much. Gist was there wasn't enough interest. However, I see forums all over the web with people looking for them. Guess Beretta has the Walmart attitude. If we don't have what you want, tough, buy what we have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tikka 6.5x55

Beretta is missing the boat on not importing the 'Swede' in T3.....They did bring some in 5-6 yrs ago....I bought three..like a dummy I sold two...still have one in Lam/SS..great rifle & cartridge...all variations shown on the Tikka website are not always imported to the USA...Canada may get certain models/calibers that we can't get here in the States...the 6.5x55 & 260 Rem are two rounds that would sell fast here...wake up Beretta........

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Beretta is missing the boat on not importing the 'Swede' in T3.....They did bring some in 5-6 yrs ago....I bought three..like a dummy I sold two...still have one in Lam/SS..great rifle & cartridge...all variations shown on the Tikka website are not always imported to the USA...Canada may get certain models/calibers that we can't get here in the States...the 6.5x55 & 260 Rem are two rounds that would sell fast here...wake up Beretta........
First I would like to say welcome to Gun and Game.

Secondly I think that here in the US there is a small cult following of the 6.5x55SE. Yes one could argue that there are millions of people who have them and love them but compared to the number of the owners who own a .30 cal of some sort it's a drop in the bucket.
I do think that in recent years the numbers have been steadily climbing with the release of the 6.5 Grendel, .260 Remington, 6.5x47 Lapua, and a few others.

I would still suggest that if one wants a 6.5x55 that they needn't look any further than the CZ.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post and I'm already late to the party - as usual.

Tikka and any round based on the 6.5mm would make a great combination, but it's always a question of volume. With Beretta (and Walmart), if a product lacks sales volume they'll leave it for the "Little People". Too bad, because I really want a T3 in .260 or Swede for hunting, but I probably just need to want something else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts