Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at getting a 270. i found a tikka t3 lite for $450. i think its a good deal but am not sure. i havnt heard alot about tikka

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I've never heard a bad thing about Tikka. Some people don't like how the composite stocks feel, but I think they're very accurate rifles (Guaranteed ~1" @100 yards out of the box, right?)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kind of liked the stock. i have a remington 700 in 223 and the stock is alot like that. im not sure how well the clip on the tikka will be. ive never had a high power with a clip feed.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
If you stick to the ` knowns` like, Tikka has a great trigger out of the box, very accurate, Good action... Then there is the less than certain stuff like: will the plastic magazine last, will I loose it...

Take the known stuff along with a reasonable price, Tikka = good value.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i bought it. and i love it! i havent shot 20 shells and a buddy allready shot a nice buck and a doe with it. i put a 4-12-40 scope on it that i had laying around. its a dream to shoot. its not loud adn doesnt kick at all

·
Premium Member
30,670 Posts
and if you guys are happy... i am too!

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Tikka rifles are manufactured by Sako,Ltd.,in Riihimaki,Finland and imported by Beretta U.S.A. in Accokeek,Md..The only thing I have heard about Sako was in 2003 and 04 Sako had a recall on a stainless steel model/They manufactured about 3000 that the barrel would rupture on.Some are still out there.The # to call to find out if your SS Sako rifle is on recall is-Sako recall center-800 503 8869. Remember,It is only the SS rifles.Sako is a fine rifle. sam.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my tikka is synthetic stock and blued barrel. im going to try to get some pictures of it and I'll try to get them on so you guys can see them

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good choice on the Tikka leroy. I have one in .300 WSM and as yours, it's a dream to shoot. Sako has made some great firearms over the years. The .300 WSM does kick pretty good, but I added a limbsaver recoil pad and all is well in my world now. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on yours since I paid over $600 for mine.

·
Chief Troll B' Gone
4,625 Posts
Tikka makes a solid and accurate rifle, definitely one of the most underrated rifle brands out there.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Tikkas aren't for me due to the single stack mag that can't be loaded in the rifle. I like the bolt head design though.

One of those rifles whose only potential drawbacks are skin deep, so if you like it, go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts