close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus To All the Taurus Haters

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by gandog56, Feb 5, 2007.

1. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Just took my 20 year old Taurus 66 .357 magnum to the range, loaded up some roll your own 38 special 148 grain DEWC's and tore a perfect six shot cloverleaf on a target dot at twenty feet. Not so bad for what most people consider a POS brand.:headbang:

2. I have never been a Taurus critic. I have shot several different Taurus models and calibers and had no problems.

3. lefty o

lefty o G&G Evangelist

mn
    we're very proud of you and your little south american revolver. now if you start to try and tell us how great your bryco/jennings auto is, you will lose credibility!:burnout:

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I love my Taurus!

5. Zen900

Zen900 G&G Newbie

I have a Taurus that just happens to be my favorite semiauto pistol out of 7 different brands of semiauto pistols that I have. I wish I had the Taurus 22LR Tracker and the 44M Raging Bull revolvers. Taurus makes the old Winchester model 63. Wish I had that. Gee, there's alot of Taurus models that are swell guns which I hope to own one day. I learned the hard way not to go out and buy just the famous brands. I have a S&W and a Beretta that I hate. Not that S&W and Beretta suck but all companies make the occational turkey.

6. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

T errible
    A nd
    U sually
    R equires
    U mpteen
    S ervices

Sorry, but after having so many in to work on over the years, I just won't bet my life on one...Period.

7. I have purchased the PT22 and the 44 mag revolver in the past two years or so. I have been fairly happy with both. I wish I had bought an aesthetically different PT22, though. I got the one my wife wanted...with pink grips.

So what S&W and Beretta are you about to offer to sell to G&G fellow members?

8. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

I've never had a problem with Taurus, but, I'd rather have a Ruger or Smith, anyday.

9. Zen900

Zen900 G&G Newbie

The S&W is a 22LR and the Beretta is a 32acp. I've never sold a gun. I'll save them for when I'm unemployed or retired. Then the farm is for sale. I really would like to sell them though but I won't.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  10. I am pretty much the same way. The only gun I ever sold was to sell back a 1911 a friend of mine sold me. It was his dad's service piece and he wanted it back for sentimental reasons. I have given away a rifle before and traded revolvers, though.

11. azgunnut

azgunnut G&G Newbie

I think the product is quite good. My only complaint is in their customer service. It doesn't exist.
    The revolvers work flawlessly, the pistols are good, but, when they give you problems, you either fix it yourself or live with it.
    They won't help. I have been trying to get new hard rubber grip panels for my PT 940 to no avail.

Thank you! You have just validated my latest entry.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  12. Zen900

Zen900 G&G Newbie

I'm not arguing your point because I never had to deal with Taurus customer service. However, wasn't Taurus one of the first to offer lifetime warranties? I have had disappointed Taurus owners tell me they had to pay shipping back to S. America in orer to obtain the free lifetime warranty service.

I have a S&W I sent back twice and it didn't cost me a dime. Still though I'm not a fan of S&W because I had bad luck with one of their guns. I'm not mad at S&W because they covered shipping and fixed it for free. If S&W had charged me shipping I would have sent the gun back and told them to keep it.

If customer service is bad then customers get mad. Guns cost alot of dough so if they cause probs we don't like it.

Taurus customer dissatisfaction may stem from paying shipping back to S.America.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  13. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

How can you ship a gun to SA legally and expect them to ship it back legally. Would the ATF not have something to say about this?

I know in NC, and I am not sure if it is an ATF thing, if you pawn your gun then you must get a permit to get it back.

Wait it doesn't go to SA. It goes to Miami.

Here it is explained: Taurus International Manufacturing Inc

14. Zen900

Zen900 G&G Newbie

Well there ya go. I had a dissatisfied Taurus owner say to me he paid freight back to SA(twice). Dunno what he paid or where the gun was sent back to but the guy was bashing Taurus. I thought it odd to ship a gun back to SA. My taurus PT92 has Miami stamped on the slide. Some folks just get mad. There's definately a Taurus debate with some angry folks on one side. I like my Taurus alot though. I can't say who is right.

15. The best warranty I have encountered is still Hi-Point's.

Joe's "snicker" coming in 3...2...1

16. I just got a Taurus 66 .357 6'' barrel. I took it to the range for the first time and it is great. I was hesitant to get a Taurus, but how can you go wrong with a wheel gun? I need to shoot a few hundred rounds out of it before I am totally certain.

17. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

My three experiences with Taurus customer service:Traded with my brother for a PT908 he had sent to Miami that mal functioned.I sent it in and when I got it back it still mal functioned.Polished all parts and it works great.The second was a model 66 6shot I bought used that expanded casings in two chambers.I received back a new 66 7shot.The third was a model 62 slide action in .22lr that smoked the casings and would throw hot powder back.I sent it to Miami and got it back and now the casings come out normal and it shoots great.I own other Taurus firearms that work like you would expect but the one I like and would depend on for CCW is a Model PT940 that I have shot a lot with no problems. samuel.

18. raveneap

raveneap G&G Newbie

It's been my experience that the majority of Taurus complainers are those that don't own them but have read others' posts. Not exclusively, but the majority. Most of the posts you'll read, here and on other forums from Taurus owners are supportive of the product. I have owned, and own, a number of Taurus handguns, both revolvers and semi-automatics. These are all of recent (past 5 years) manufacture. I have yet to have a problem with one. I also own several of the "big name" manufacturers products. Have had more problems with them than the Taurus'. But again, nothing major, and any problems were attended to immediately by the companies. IMO, there's nothing wrong with a Taurus that was built in recent years.. They're not Smiths, Rugers or Berettas, but neither is the price tag.

19. a1huntingsupply

a1huntingsupply G&G Newbie

Texas
    Sounds like you have a keeper.

Taurus makes excellent guns! I have never had a single problem with my Taurus M44. Its accurate, reliable and affordable. What more could you ask for.

20. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Closest thing I ever had to those was a Raven 25 semi-auto. Thing was a total POS.