close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus To All the Taurus Haters

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by gandog56, Feb 5, 2007.

1. oldjarhead

oldjarhead G&G Evangelist

MO
    Twenty-three pages of "is-too, is-not" and "I-like'em, I don't".

Meanwhile, life is quickly passing by and the armies of verbal combat continue to slowly march on-ward.

Oh, when will the carnage cease?

LOL

2. oldjarhead

MO
    No...P.T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute."
    Although most 'suckers' can be considered 'idiots'; all 'idiots' cannot be considered 'suckers'.

So are you calling your Dad an idiot because he gave you a Taurus POC?
    I would be really happy if my dad had given me a firearm, even a perceived POC.

Enough said, lest I get into more trouble.

I know, it's now 24 pages but I had to make a contribution. LOL

3. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I've come to the conclusion that any gun I buy is for me and not to please anyone else. I like my Taurus'es and if you don't, well that's fine, It's all mind over matter, I don't mind and you really don't matter.

4. I have a Taurus Model 85. It is my carry gun. I would not carry a gun that I didn't trust to work when I call on it.

MoDoc and jwrauch like this.
  5. No, my dad didnt give me a Judge, that is the POC I was refering too. My dad gave me a very expensive Taurus 455 Titanium, I do cherish it because he gave it to me but it is still a POS as far as I am concerned, it says Taurus and made in Brazil and that pretty much sums it up for me. Taurus and Smith & Wesson saw that there was a huge market for idiots that wanted a 410/45 revolver, so they built what I concider a absolute abortion, from both companies I might add.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  6. oldjarhead

MO
    Ok...understood.

The .45/.410 chambered concept is actually not new; nor can it be attributed to Taurus...T/C introduced the single chamber dual concept in 1968 with its Contender.

Also, there were several derringer pistols in those calibers but not sure if they were dual caliber chambers back then.

srt...I am in agreement...I own two and am very happy with them both...it just doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...

I do, however, still feel this thread is encroaching on being ridiculously extensive but, alas, I'm sure it will continue on...LOL

7. Thats the good thing about living here in the great ole U.S.A., we can make our own desisions and have debates such as this. Everyone has there own opinion and there own reasoning. Ill be the first to admit, when it comes to guns I am very opinionated and set in my own ways, whether its right or wrong, that is just me. I am not totally against Taurus, everone needs at least one disposal gun, incase you have to shoot someone, you dont want to have to throw away a $2000 1911 or a Performance Center Smith & Wesson. LOL. I just love to stir the pot every now and then, Taurus owners are like Toyota owners, they get really deffensive when you give the a little critisism. LOL.

8. oldjarhead

MO
    It seems that Taurus is the only manufacturer who gets dissed.

I guess folks simply aren't familiar with Raven, Jennings, Bryco, RG, and some of the other inexpensive cheaply made handguns...Or perhaps those were just way before their times...lol

Didn't Alabama have a song "Do you remember these?"

Of course, nobody in their right mind will ever admit to owning a lemon poc made by Colt, S&W, Glock, Ruger, et others.

LOL

9. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Well said and very truthful.

jwrauch likes this.
  10. newheart301

newheart301 G&G Newbie

TN
    I can, I once bought a new S&W M59, nickel, sharp looking hi-cap in 1979. POC !!! Wouldn't even shoot S&W's own ammo, ( yes , Smith use to have their own brand of ammo). 2 very good smith's worked on it, finally sent ti back. NEVER was reliable, never shot two full mags with out a failure, even with 9mm. hardball. !!! Bought a Colt Python, 6in. nickel, Beautiful gun, smooth trigger !! Was OUT OF TIME straight out of the box !!!!! It spit lead so bad no one could stand near me when I shot it. The face of the cylinder so off, I put it on a dial indicator, it looked like a roller-coaster !!! This was in 1980. Colt's QC had started a long spiral down hill. Ruger ! Bought a new 45/22, shooting the first mag. the front sight flew off, took 10 min. to find it.!!! Factory replaced the sight, gun would not shoot 4in. groups at 25yds. no matter the ammo !! 5 other very good shooters got the same results !!! EVERY company goes through ups and downs on QC, no matter the product. It's only how they stand behind their stuff, that determines if they stay in business !!

MoDoc likes this.
  11. oldjarhead

MO
    Music to my old ears! Thanks for the input.

Taurus must be doing pretty good standing behind their product...they're still doing a good business...lol

The only real POC handgun I can really, really complain about is the Egypt made Beretta clone called the Helwan...that thing made a Raven look good; but I won't get started on that...lol

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  12. Excuse me, but I have to go put on my hip waders!

13. I guess folks simply aren't familiar with Raven, Jennings, Bryco, RG, and some of the other inexpensive cheaply made handguns...Or perhaps those were just way before their times...lol

I am familiar with them, and I would catagorize Taurus right among them, along with Rossi, Charter Arms, and Llama, lets not forget those guys while we are talking cheap JUNK.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  14. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

And I started this can of worms?

15. newheart301

newheart301 G&G Newbie

TN
    Really ? So you're calling me a liar ? !!!!

16. I call it as I see it. Anyone that can buy a Colt Python, isnt even going to look at a Taurus, much less buy one.

17. oldjarhead

MO
    <shaking my head> Your total all-knowing knowledge of all makes of firearms seem to be a figment of your imagination and your credibility is quickly going south. It is true all cheap guns are inexpensive and affordable but all inexpensive and affordable guns are not cheap. Of course that is JMO...lol

Are you seeing things or have I missed something...My post has no inference to you or anyone else. This thread, however, has gone from the ridiculous to the sublime and back...a couple times regardless of who started it.

Let's not get cagey; but you are totally wrong on this point. I, and I have many friends and aquaintances who, own Colt, S&W, and Ruger who also own Taurus so speak only for yourself, not for others.

Let's keep this debate friendly and humorous...or put it to bed.

MoDoc and jwrauch like this.
  18. newheart301

newheart301 G&G Newbie

TN
    Haha, no problem, there's always one on every site. I found the ignore button !!!

19. srt 10 jimbo

srt 10 jimbo G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Which one ya like better, my Python or Taurus PT 1911? Stupid is what stupid says. I have an Anaconda too but I need to take some pics. I also have 4 other Taurus'es.

Attached Files:

20. Da Mc

Da Mc G&G Newbie

Taurus haters

I own 2 Taurus pistols; PT99AF purchased it in 1989 new, used very little and the rear sight blade is broken. PT-22 purchased in 2010 slightly used in good condition, shot 200 rounds through it and the rail guide which is part of the frame broke off. Yaaay Taurus!! Great guns! not!!!!