close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus To All the Taurus Haters

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by gandog56, Feb 5, 2007.

1. so why do people that wouldnt buy the product hang out on a so called POS thread? Hey I had a S&W j frame blow to hell and back,

2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm in mourning. I just bought a Dan Wesson Pistol pack with four barrels in .357. So I decided to gift my nephew with an early combination birthday/Xmas gift, and give him my 35+ year old Taurus model 66 .357 mag. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just don't feel like I need 2 .357's.

That leaves me with my Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull as my only remaining Taurus. Funny thing is, he only has one other pistol. It was the exact same model/length/caliber Raging Bull. So ALL he has is Taurus Pistols. And he LIKES his other one.

3. gandog56

Just realized how long it's been since I've told the Taurus haters to kiss me where the sun don't shine.

4. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

I have had several Taurus products over the years and never had one speck of trouble. I have had my PT99 for 20+ years and still working like the day it came out of the box. Most recent acquisitions are a couple of stainless revolvers, a snubbie 44 mag and an M44 44 mag with 6" barrel. Haven't gotten around to shooting either wheel gun though.

Taurus sells alot of products and like most things the rants and negatives thrown about by those that have experienced issues real or of their own doing seem to overshadow the vast amount of happy customers that never say much.

Since Taurus took over Rossi I think even Rossi has come up in quality and their customer service has greatly improved. A friend of my father who bought a Rossi 462 .357 snubbie that had some poor machining issues of the star on the cylinder sent it in and had it back in less than a week. Rossi replaced everything on the crane including the cylinder. The revolver works perfect now.

5. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I have three Taurus revolvers and never had a problem with them. Only problem was with getting 357 ammo for two of them awhile back. One is an older SS 357 and a newer one with more capacity in the cylinder. I also have an old 38 that is a police buy back I bought.

6. dazdncnfusd

dazdncnfusd G&G Regular

My EDC is a PT740, and I wouldn't even trade it for a Kimber. Actually, yes, I would. I'd sell the Kimber, buy another PT740, and a SKS, and maybe an AR platform. It doesn't like PDX-1 ammo, but otherwise, not a single misfire, malfunction or mishap. Dollar for dollar, it is the best carry pistol that money can buy, IMO. Nice big bullet, easy and comfortable to carry, manual safety, and I can hold a six inch group at 10 yards all day long. Oh, and the lifetime warranty that Taurus offers on every gun. Take the money for the year of NRA membership out of the price, and it's out the door for less than 3 bills. For that price, you can't beat it.

Later!

7. gandog56

Just bought a Taurus 1911. So far it has been flwless in operation. It is my first Taurus semi pistol. Still don't see what the Taurus haters are hating on.

8. gandog56

Yeah, where's all these FTF's from Taurus semis I'm supposed to be having? Still has yet to not feed and fire.

Purse your lips you haters, big hairy coming at you!

9. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

I shot my first Taurus yesterday. Took the CCW course finally, and the gun they had us practice handling on was a Taurus .22LR ten shot revolver. Pretty nice gun. If I can luck up on one, I'd buy it.

10. Nerd

Nerd G&G Regular

I believe that would have been a nine-shot, rather than a ten, but I have one in stainless and I'm quite happy with it. Hope you can find one.

11. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

Model 94 probably. While I don't particularly care for Taurus products, that is one I would be interested in. There aren't many other new .22lr revolvers on the market now

12. Big Dog

Ah! I didn't look that closely as I loaded it - only used four rounds of the CCI CB Shorts they let us use.

13. gandog56

Still waiting for my new Taurus 1911 to fail.

It hasn't yet. And at $399 NIB, what a deal!

14. gandog56

Still waiting for my 1911 Taurus to mess up like all the haters invariably tell me is going to happen just because it's a Taurus.

It's like the Energizer bunny instead, it just keeps going, and going, and going.

15. S&W 617.

Tack Driver likes this.
  16. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

I'm too poor for smith & wessons :(

17. They have gone up a bit since I bought mine.

18. gandog56

They were too high to start with in the first place! :p

19. Big Dog

Actually I have shot a couple Taurus guns before. My bestest shooting buddy has an old 70's or 80's production PT92 in 9mm Luger that he can shoot a called shot on a head-sized target at 100 yards. Awhile back he got a new PT92 in satin stainless and .40SW caliber. Much less accurate. Oh, it's okay as a defensive gun, but shoots nowhere as precisely as the older gun. Looking at them both, I realized the older gun has a thin front sight blade and a narrower rear sight notch. The newer pistol has a fatter front sight and a wide rear notch with a lot of light on either side of the front sight. Just not as precise. Not a 'fault' of the gun, more a change in how Taurus perceives the usage of the guns.

He also has the Taurus .44Mag revolver. A beauty in stainless, and it shoot pretty danged good too. Never failed him.
    That new stainless PT92 got traded in on a different brand pistol.

20. gandog56

Still waiting for my new Taurus 1911 to self destruct like all the haters tell me is sure to happen. It just keeps firing away.

variolamajor likes this.