close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taurus To All the Taurus Haters

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by gandog56, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

I loved every Taurus I have bought from the .357 Mag 689 (my first). Daughter's 24/7 Pro 9mm, my 24/7 OSS in 9mm, son's 24/7 OSS .40 and my 24/7 G2 in .40 so I guess you can say they have been reliable and excellent shooters for the family.

2. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Man does not even know his guns are trash!

At least the haters knows so!

3. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

I have often thought about calling certain people a weasel, but that would be an insult to weasels.

Big Dog likes this.
  4. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Gandog56, how's that trusty Model 66 Taurus of yours holding up?

5. gandog56

Nephew who now owns it loves it! Pistol must be getting close to forty years old now

6. gandog56

But it's a piece of trash Taurus you know! :rolleyes:

7. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

Since you gave up your 66 to your nephew, I'll have to let you shoot my 689. If you ever get up to Dayton Ohio or if I ever get down to Alabama, we just might have to get together for lunch and some shooting. We might even swap a few war stories.

8. gandog56

Well, I did get a Dan Wesson Pistol pack with 4 barrels as recompensation, so I probably came out on that deal. But running a Taurus revolver for over 35 years, no major problems, and must have shot at least 20000 loads out of it, Taurus haters can still kiss me where the sun don't shine.

9. Steve36

Steve36 G&G Enthusiast

I have 4 handguns, 3 of them are Taurus. They work great.

I don't have an opinion about the company's customer service, because I didn't need their help. :)

10. gandog56

all I can say is, 35+ years of service on a model 66 revolver, and the only problems were I needed to replace a crane spring and loc-tite a crane screw? Sounds like awesome quality to me!

11. BlakeR

BlakeR G&G Newbie

Oregon
    I've got a Taurus PT111 G2 in 9mm. I haven't had any problems with it. Pull the trigger it goes bang, and ejects the spent casing and loads the next. I have probably a 1000 rounds through it. So I would'nt hesitate to use it for self defense. I have heard stories from the earlier years as well, but I think they have been cleaning up the problems with their newer models.

12. jdavis

jdavis G&G Enthusiast

I have limited experience with Taurus firearms because I have only one, a 990 .22LR. In spite of all the negative comments, I bought it because it seemed very solid, looks great, and priced right. In the 3 years that I have owned it, I have had no issues of any sort. It's action isn't a S&W model 17 but it has improved with use and is nice and smooth. I have decided that many of the negatives come from those that have no real experience with the brand but rather are simply piling on with the haters. I am more or less a S&W guy but, I wouldn't be afraid to buy another Taurus.

13. gandog56

Meanwhile I still shoot my two Taurus pistols just fine. I mean that probably 40+ year old Taurus 66 that is STILL going, with only a crane screw spring needing to be replaced and a little dab of loc-tite on a screw, what other manufacturer's guns can do much better than that?

14. Kmcdowell

Kmcdowell G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Omaha NE
    I've been thinking about getting a Taurus .357 revolver just because I want a .357 and don't want to spend SW or Ruger money to do so. I've always heard they make a pretty good gun for the money. I own a Heritage Rough Rider 22 WMR revolver and they are owned by Taurus. It's a great gun for the money.