·
Premium Member
11,142 Posts
Interesting looking trigger.

Ditto the curiosity regarding reviews.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Eagle Pass TX was the manufacture location. There isn't much there so I'm surprised. Unless they are getting the injection molding done in Mexico.

Maverick Arms has a huge plant there. They have been making Mossberg for a while. I need to do more research but it looks like Maverick may own the Mossberg name. They just did a 115,000 ft2 plant expansion.

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,095 Posts
Interesting, though I'd prefer to not have the Glock trigger "safety".

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
I don't like "plastic" pistols.

Although it didn't stop me from getting a couple.

Reactions: mauser9

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
37,095 Posts
I have no plastic pistols, but wouldn't discount one for CCW use. I do shoot the Grock compacts very well, even when my pinky finger has to tuck under the short grip.
Were I to get this Mossy pistol, I'd likely use the longer magazine.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Agreed, I am also curious to hear some good reviews on it but like most of you I'm not a fan of striker fired Tupperware handguns or Glock triggers & I'd probably pass on it unless I got one for next to nothing ...

·
Registered
21,264 Posts
It does seem like a weird market for Mossberg to go into. Their rifles have exceeded my expectations, and they seem to be - alongside Savage and Henry - the most pro-American gun company out there.

I'm not a fan of the plastic stuff either, and to me that marked the beginning of the end for Remington, and the start of the beginning of the end for Ruger - but that's really just speculation based on some disappointing decisions.

·
Premium Member
26,162 Posts
At a suggested MSRP of $425.00 I wonder what a reasonable street price will be after they fill all the initial demand and the market stabilizes?

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
At a suggested MSRP of $425.00 I wonder what a reasonable street price will be after they fill all the initial demand and the market stabilizes?
My guess would be around $350 depending on what model. Some will be equipped with Tru glow or lazer sighting. Not a bad looking gun. Similar to a ruger LC-9.

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They USE GLOCK MAGAZINES! now step down from your soapbox... actually G43 mags

Reactions: MoDoc

·
Since 03-15- 2002
28,229 Posts
Mossy is now technically the oldest gun maker in the US now.
It’s good they stand up some product.
Uses G mags? Really?

I could see someone new to the game possibly buying one but I don’t think it would appeal to the average aficionado with several CCW tools already in the stable.

I would like to shoot one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts