Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly 135 years ago, the United States experienced what may have been the worst one-day slaughter of blacks by whites in its history. On April 13, 1873, in the tiny village of Colfax, La., white paramilitaries attacked a lightly armed force of freedmen assembled in a local courthouse. By the time the Colfax Massacre was over, more than 60 African American men lay shot, burned or stabbed to death. Most were killed after they had surrendered.

More...

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
I'm not so sure the NRA read teh whole article before listing it. At the end teh author seems to contradict himself by advocating restrictions on the 2A.

·
Banned
14,554 Posts
I'm not so sure the NRA read teh whole article before listing it. At the end the author seems to contradict himself by advocating restrictions on the 2A.
You're right; he ended it strangely. I fail to see anything in what he wrote that even mentions, much less supports, his conclusion that local governments can ban guns on the grounds there are things more important than self-defense. How did he get from the Colfax Massacre to that? It's a total non-sequitur...how and why did he jump from point A to point B? From saying that freedmen had a Constitutional right to be armed, to concluding local jurisdictions can restrict guns?

And just what the **** would he classify as more important than the right to self-defense, anyway?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts