Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last count I have seven shotguns, two which are clunkers. A Mossy 16ga bolt and a Russian 12ga single shot break.

Yesterday morning I went dove hunting with a camoed 870 and when I got home I got out of the Jeep and started watering around the yard. Late afternoon I loaded my SKB o/u, daughters 870 and my 870 Wingmaster in the truck and headed to a trap shoot. Got halfway there and realized I had left the othe 870 on the gun rack in the Jeep under my carport. Got home around 11pm and the 870 was still in the Jeep. It's hell to be getting old trying to keep track of all these guns.:surprised:

·
Freedom Zealot
33,733 Posts
Yeppir !! CRS will getcha every time, LOL !!

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
I didn't think the phrase, "too many", applied to firearms...LOL!

·
Registered
8,151 Posts
You do have too many. Send them all to me. I will never have too many.

Its kind of like the phrase == Too Much Fun == as the song goes...
Whole lotta things I never done, But I aint never had too much fun.

Kinda the way I feel about firearms.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
It's hell to be getting old trying to keep track of all these guns.:surprised:
It beats the alternatives! (Getting dead or not having the guns)

·
Since 03-15- 2002
27,269 Posts
Can't have too many shotguns!
I have 7 at last count. I try to give them all equil amounts of love. Shot the 870 Wingmaster today with slugs. It's an easy sight in every year, borderline boring. Just need to make sure she is still on. Time to go whack & stack 'em :)

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Having too many shotguns is like having too much fun! Impossible!

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
Some of those "clunkers" you mention are the very firearms I have fine memories using.I honestly do not believe I feel the fondness for the shotguns I have between $1K and $3k wrapped up in as I do for an old BO 16ga that fell apart every time I fired it or a certain 20ga Savage single shot bolt action,or a cannon breech .410.These pretty guns are nice,I am glad I own them,but they never brought home meat for a family of 9 when it was really needed,and no "MAN" ever loved and respected an expensive hunting/target shotgun like a "BOY" loved and respected those "clunkers". (and the few shells I had to feed them)

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
When I was a kid I carried a Savage single shot .410 a lot. Eight years old and I would stuff some shells in my pocket and go a hunting.

Oh and a recount reveals 8 shotguns. I forgot about the old JC Higgins short barrel 12ga in the travel trailer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Currently at 5. Unfortunately, 4 of them are 12 gauges and I have a S&W 20 that I have recently become fond of. I need more shotguns but need to diversify some on the gauges. I would like to add an over/under 28 gauge for skeet. I don't have much use for the .410 but a side by side 16 gauge for pheasent would be welcome in the collection.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
I love the .double SXS or stacked .410 for skeet.(unfortunately I am getting older,a 20ga might be in order)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts