Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
SG ammo has lots in stock today, rimfire, handgun, rifle, lots. Not cheap but it is there. The have 22 mag at $20.
22 Magnum Ammo | SGAmmo.com
I have always liked SG ammo, was well as JG sales.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Bass pro yesterday, good amnt of rimfire, both lr and .22 mag, decent prices. decent amnt of pistol ammo, high prices.( $27.99 for 50 fmj 9mm)

good amnt of rifle ammo, 5.56/.223 and .308. decent prices. both fmj and hunting ammo, hunting stuff as a bit pricey.

its nice to see it on the shelves, but i still wish prices would come down.

picked up some winchester m193 for $13.99/20.. and a few 100 round sticks of winchester .22lr, $9.99 per. not too bad.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Anybody in NW Arkansas been to Ozark Armory (Springdale) recently?
How is their non-military calibers (hunting ammo) supplies?
Spotty and pricey just about like everywhere else.
And when you mentioned non military ammo...
Pretty much everything I own is in that category of military.😈 So I hardly pay attention to anything else unless asked
I know I'll be back there next Friday or Saturday...
I usually go there a lot when I have time and money.
Any specific caliber orib general?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spotty and pricey just about like everywhere else.
And when you mentioned non military ammo...
Pretty much everything I own is in that category of military.😈 So I hardly pay attention to anything else unless asked
I know I'll be back there next Friday or Saturday...
I usually go there a lot when I have time and money.
Any specific caliber orib general?
My oldest grandson built an AR in 6.5 Grendel (I think).
I gave him some extra .243 I had stashed.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Norma ammunition online has good deals today. 9mm in 115 or 124 fmj for 14.99/50. Decent buys on some 308 and 5.56 55g too. Free shipping over 150$.
Dunhams here had Aquila 40 gr high velocity 22lr for 14.99/250 rds. Not an awful price, 24.99 is regular. 4 to a customer.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Norma ammunition online has good deals today. 9mm in 115 or 124 fmj for 14.99/50. Decent buys on some 308 and 5.56 55g too. Free shipping over 150$.
Dunhams here had Aquila 40 gr high velocity 22lr for 14.99/250 rds. Not an awful price, 24.99 is regular. 4 to a customer.
Was the Aquila the Interceptor stuff? I ask because that's the best I've found for long distance shooting (100yds) with my Mossberg 144. Last week Ozark Armory in Springdale had the lighter hollow point version (36 or 38grs I can't recall). But since .22lr has the aerodynamicsof a brick past 75yds I prefer as much weight as I can get.
Just curious as to what is starting to hit the shelves regards to that brand.
Also the 60gr SSS was nearly a one hole grouper out of the previous Ruger MKII Target I had from a rest at 25yds.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Was the Aquila the Interceptor stuff? I ask because that's the best I've found for long distance shooting (100yds) with my Mossberg 144. Last week Ozark Armory in Springdale had the lighter hollow point version (36 or 38grs I can't recall). But since .22lr has the aerodynamicsof a brick past 75yds I prefer as much weight as I can get.
Just curious as to what is starting to hit the shelves regards to that brand.
Also the 60gr SSS was nearly a one hole grouper out of the previous Ruger MKII Target I had from a rest at 25yds.
Super extra, 40 grain high velocity, not standard velocity. Only complaints I have seen with the super extra was with the standard velocity in handguns.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Super extra, 40 grain high velocity, not standard velocity. Only complaints I have seen with the super extra was with the standard velocity in handguns.
I know I need to chronograph various types of their ammo out of a couple of totally different firearms.
The velocity difference between my Beretta 21A and the Mossberg 144 ought to be interesting.😁

1 - 20 of 30 Posts