Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at local Cabelas/Bass Pro store.
Not much handgun ammo, mainly 40 S&W jhp boxes of 20.
Quite a bit of .223/5.45 M193 for $13.99/20.
Picked up some Hornady 5.45 x 45 hp 55 gr for $15.99/20.
Had enough points to get one box free.
Still not a lot, but most I've seen on shelves in 18 months.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Was at Bass pro/Cabelas today (rogers, ar). Lots of 9mm, 40 S&W, .223/5.56, .308/7.62ammo.
Some 45 auto. Very little non military caliber rifle ammo.
Decent prices....more choice than I've seen in over a year.

edit....they did also have some 10mm pistol ammo.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spotty and pricey just about like everywhere else.
And when you mentioned non military ammo...
Pretty much everything I own is in that category of military.😈 So I hardly pay attention to anything else unless asked
I know I'll be back there next Friday or Saturday...
I usually go there a lot when I have time and money.
Any specific caliber orib general?
My oldest grandson built an AR in 6.5 Grendel (I think).
I gave him some extra .243 I had stashed.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stopped by the Ozark Armory in Springdale, Ar. today.
They seemed to have a pretty good supply of 9mm, .223, .308., some odd ball stuff (I picked up a couple boxes of 6.5 Grendel for my grandson's AR he built).
Talked to guy behind the counter as he was ringing up my sale. He said .243, .270, 30-06 is non-existent, military calibers was about all they were able to get.
I mentioned 45 auto being hard to find, he said he can get self defense ammo, but no target/practice stuff right now.
Nice guys.....much better than big box/chain stores.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's become my favorite store over the last few years well close to 20. Due to locations, layout and what they stock.
Due to my location and there's its actually easier going there than places in Fayetteville and Farmington.
as I'm on the East side of Washington county out near Elkins.
I'm pretty well fixed as far as firearms go. My neck issues have kept me from shooting much except small caliber semi autos (like AR's) and handguns. I've gradually been giving kids and grandkids shotguns/rifles over last few years.

I had thought about picking up another 9mm handgun just because of ammo availability. That's about the only thing on my radar. Springfield Armory came out with their clone of a Browning HiPower. My first centerfire handgun was a Belgian made HiPower, so that got my attention when they announced they were making one. I havent' seen one in a store yet, though.

We're up north of Eureka Springs near Table Rock Lake. We were in Fayetteville for some radiology and lab tests for my wife.

We used to use a shop north of Berryville (Gunman of Arkansas) for renewing CCW license.
Owner passed away this summer. Anyone over your way you've used or recommend for renewals? We're good till 2025 on ours.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah I don't even have a carry permit. Because it's not a requirement here anymore. BUT, that's a personal call and depends on where you want to travel.
You might want to check out Gun Owners of Arkansas on facebook.
I'm a member there and plan on becoming a official member next year.
We traveled back and forth into Mo. and back to Ks. to visit our kids.
With that, we thought it was worth having to allow carry to those states.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts