Gun and Game Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Stopped by the Ozark Armory in Springdale, Ar. today.
They seemed to have a pretty good supply of 9mm, .223, .308., some odd ball stuff (I picked up a couple boxes of 6.5 Grendel for my grandson's AR he built).
Talked to guy behind the counter as he was ringing up my sale. He said .243, .270, 30-06 is non-existent, military calibers was about all they were able to get.
I mentioned 45 auto being hard to find, he said he can get self defense ammo, but no target/practice stuff right now.
Nice guys.....much better than big box/chain stores.

·
Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
7,726 Posts
That's become my favorite store over the last few years well close to 20. Due to locations, layout and what they stock.
Due to my location and there's its actually easier going there than places in Fayetteville and Farmington.
as I'm on the East side of Washington county out near Elkins.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I found a four box pack of Federal 8 shot 12 ga shells at our local Wally World this morning. (I would have preferred 7-1/2 but they'll still go bang) It's the first time I've found any there in about a year and a half. They did go up from about $23 to $29 since the last time I bought any.

Reactions: neophyte

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's become my favorite store over the last few years well close to 20. Due to locations, layout and what they stock.
Due to my location and there's its actually easier going there than places in Fayetteville and Farmington.
as I'm on the East side of Washington county out near Elkins.
I'm pretty well fixed as far as firearms go. My neck issues have kept me from shooting much except small caliber semi autos (like AR's) and handguns. I've gradually been giving kids and grandkids shotguns/rifles over last few years.

I had thought about picking up another 9mm handgun just because of ammo availability. That's about the only thing on my radar. Springfield Armory came out with their clone of a Browning HiPower. My first centerfire handgun was a Belgian made HiPower, so that got my attention when they announced they were making one. I havent' seen one in a store yet, though.

We're up north of Eureka Springs near Table Rock Lake. We were in Fayetteville for some radiology and lab tests for my wife.

We used to use a shop north of Berryville (Gunman of Arkansas) for renewing CCW license.
Owner passed away this summer. Anyone over your way you've used or recommend for renewals? We're good till 2025 on ours.

·
Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
7,726 Posts
Ty Bates of Concealed Carry of Arkansas. But he's also been doing firearms safety on film sets; yeah I know the type that should have been hired by someone. But anyway he's the only one I can recommend. He's out by Morrow Arkansas however. If you want I can PM you his number. He's also got a LinkedIn and Facebook page.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Yeah I don't even have a carry permit. Because it's not a requirement here anymore. BUT, that's a personal call and depends on where you want to travel.
You might want to check out Gun Owners of Arkansas on facebook.
I'm a member there and plan on becoming a official member next year.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah I don't even have a carry permit. Because it's not a requirement here anymore. BUT, that's a personal call and depends on where you want to travel.
You might want to check out Gun Owners of Arkansas on facebook.
I'm a member there and plan on becoming a official member next year.
We traveled back and forth into Mo. and back to Ks. to visit our kids.
With that, we thought it was worth having to allow carry to those states.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I went to Columbus this afternoon to Vance Outdoors and they had skids of ammo sitting on the floor and the stock boys couldn't keep up putting ammo on the shelves. I picked up a few boxes of Sig 300 Blackout for $19.99/box and some Winchester white box 7.62x51 for $19.99/box

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
With the jacked up ammo prices, I have been concentrating on the obsolete or the "freakn' hard to find calibers" ammo for the firearms that I have. They aren't anymore expensive than before the C-19 virus, its always been availability. Lately I have bought a couple boxes of .303 Savage, 8mm Nambu, .30 Mauser, .45 Auto-Rim, 4mm Flobert, 6.5x52 Carcano, 7.65x53 Argentine and.32 Remington.
Feels good to convert a few more clubs and paperweights into firearms.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.