Tolerance?

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by homerfire232, Aug 18, 2010.

1. homerfire232

homerfire232 G&G Newbie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb274G3jIvw&playnext=1&videos=9Od7itU8K9g&feature=feedu]YouTube - Obama Supports Mosque at Ground Zero...[/ame]

2. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

This is a Prime example of why the rest of the world can't stand us. Instead of complaining and yelling about something so trivial why doesn't he actually do something about it . Go to a Causcus and voice your opinion like a civilized human being insted of screaming like a raged dopehead.

3. What happened when 60% of the population in this country told their elected reps they did not want the health care bill? That's right, they voted for it anyway. So what makes you think that anyone in congress will ever listen to a constituent again? It would be nice if we could call our rep and say hey don't vote for that bill and actually have them listen, think again! Get back to reality. Our reps have not listed to the people in a long time.

By the way, the guy in this video is not a raging doper. He happens to have his own syndicated radio show which broadcasts out of NYC.

4. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

Yea I'd say that old boy is from New York, there's not alot wrong with what he's saying either.

5. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

I didn't say he WAS a raging doper. And actually I've very much in reality....What I mean is if you go to a caucus ,state your opinions and If enough people AGREE with you and you have a following who knows you could end up in senate. Maybe thats the problem with congress to many Incumbants that are career politicians. And besides this guy isn't talking about congress....He is talking about Obama. I guarentee you if he took his argument to a city caucus he would DEFINETLY have a following. If 60% of america ACTUALLY told there Reps they didn't want health care reform than it probably wouldn't have happened. The majority of america actually favored the health care reform as a public option. Here read for yourself Poll: Most Back Public Health Care Option - CBS News The problem is what actually got put into effect WASN'T the plan Obama had originally proposed. It was disected and comprimised upon to make both parties happy.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  6. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

I'm sick of hearing about the **** mosque. they have the right to build it. it's insensitive and mean spirited of them to do it. (anyone actually surprised by this?)
    but it really comes down to a local issue. how many people on this board have sworn never to visit NYC. how many now say stuff like 'California should drop in the ocean'. and who would be the first out if there was an attack on San Fran.

The muslims have made their position quite clear, They are arrogant and here to conquer. but I'll be damned if i'm going to support changing the constitution or give up my freedoms just to stop them.

7. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

WELL YOU CAN ROLL ON YOUR BACK AND **** ON YOUR BELLY LIKE A PUPPY but I don't think it's Consistutional issue it has to do with respect, would you fly the stars and bars (confederate battle flag ) in a black neiborhood on MLK day?

8. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

9. Why do they need 2 in the same area? To anger people that's why!

I am for all kinds of religious freedom, however, we are talking about 3,000 innocent lives that were abruptly and forcibly taken away from their families in the name of Islam. That is the issue at hand not a mosque. We are very traditional here in America and we honor those who have died for this country. Building a mosque near the murder site would be a slap in the face of not only the victims but, the families of the victims.

We as Americans need to honor those who lost their lives for NOTHING!

10. petrol

petrol G&G Enthusiast

And you would have the right to walk down MLK Blvd on MLK day with a confederate flag. (it would be very unwise and in poor taste, JUST LIKE THIS MOSQUE). But your right to do so is protected-it's one of the best things about being an American (and owning sh1t loads of guns and ammo).

These particular muslims (and in my opinion 98% of all of them ) are thumbing their noses at the american people and the american view of religious tolerance.

11. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

Sober, not to rain on your parade, but a poll (on health care) of less than 900 people out of approx. 225 million that are 21 years of age or older doesn't count as a poll to me.
    A lot of people know of the other mosque, which adds fuel to the question of why this new one has to be built if one already exists.

12. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

That poll was just an example and Its one of many that have similiar results .

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

Some additional info for your consideration;
    The building at the proposed site of the new mosque was damaged by debris from one of the 9/11 planes.
    St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church which was destroyed when one of the towers collapsed on it, has been going around and around with the city and Port Authority to rebuild.
    So, help out a new mosque that wants to be built at a site damaged by one of the 9/11 planes but put obstacles in the path of rebuilding an already existing church.
    Hmmm...

14. Sober

Sober G&G Newbie

Now thats just plain screwed up!

15. DWFan

DWFan Handgunner Forum Contributor

The Port Authority hasn't just been giving the church the run-around but took the land the original church sat on in a "land swap" deal that the Port Authority has since gone back on and has been fighting for two years. The "sale" of that lot was necessary to rebuild ground zero and the WTC memorial, the developer claimed.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25825608/
    Oh, but NY Mayor Bloomberg is all for the mosque being completed and dedicated on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010