close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tomcat trigger pull

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by blackstangs281, Apr 17, 2002.

1. blackstangs281

blackstangs281 G&G Newbie

Does the trigger pull on the Tomcats get better after more use? I have two of these guns and both the pulls are very stiff. I know they don't rate high on the double action pull, I'm talking single action. I have about 100 rounds through each of them. can I expect them to get better? Or is this as good as they get?......... Thanks...........Chris:usa:

2. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG G&G Newbie

They'll get better. After about 500 rounds things should smooth out. You could also try pushing on the hammer while you pull the trigger. This usually helps.

3. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Blackstangs281,

The Beretta Tomcat is not known for it's great trigger. When I was in Beretta Armorer's school they refused to let us work on them. Beretta's stance on the Tomcat's trigger is one that has much to be desired. They scream liability which is in a way understandable. I am currently looking for a gunsmith who does work on these. When I find one, I'll post the info. Shooting it may help but it's hard to say.

Jesse

4. Mike the JAG

Mike the JAG G&G Newbie

Have you tried Teddy Jacobson? His web site says he works on most models of Beretta. www.actionsbyt.com