Top Shot---Mosin safety?

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by shop tom, Aug 18, 2010.

1. shop tom

shop tom G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

After watching the final top shot, I thought of something.

Did anyone on the show properly use the Mosin safety?

tom

2. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

3. they just opened the bolt and set it down

4. Mynameisbullet

Mynameisbullet G&G Newbie

Does anybody use the safety on the Mosin? I thought that was what the 20lb trigger pull was for.

5. Sorry to say, I didn't watch much of Top Shot. I liked the shooting portion of the program, but all the contrived "drama" poppycock turned me off.

6. edit the show taking out all the drama and just watch the shooting
    Seeya
    Mark

7. samuel

samuel G&G Newbie

I agree with TGN.What a bunch of backstabbing "WIMPS".(I also thought you clamped vicegrips on a Mosen squeezing the barrel down so the bullets can't get out for safety.) ,,,sam.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  8. lol! i quit watching after the first episodes "drama". i guess it just got worse after that, huh?
    too bad they couldn't just make the show about a shooting competition without all the staged "drama".:zx11pissed:

9. Mynameisbullet

Mynameisbullet G&G Newbie

I didn't mind the drama....

10. jmp8927

jmp8927 G&G Evangelist

A lot less drama towards the end when it got down to the best shooters.

11. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

I'm still not sure why you wimps have such a problem with the safety. I ain't no man of steel, and I can do it.:nana:

12. I do. :squint:

13. killsnapz

killsnapz G&G Evangelist

Who here actually uses the saftey on their Mosin? No it is not impossible to pull it back and rotate it. It is very easy for me because I have done manual labor my whole life and I have hands that can crush stone (one of my nicknames is Soulcrusher) Still I have to say it is one of the worst designs on any mil-surp I own. It could have to do with the fact it is one of the oldest designs or the fact that the Russians always have gone for the most basic of things when it comes to their weapons. I myself never use the saftey on my Mosin but I do use them on my Garand my 98K's and my Enfield's.

Michael

14. Its a pain in the Butt, I always use mine on my model 44 as I had a gunsmith work the trigger for me and it is more sensitive than
    the as issued trigger and I am not real excited about sending a round off somewhere I don't want 1 to go

15. jason1965

jason1965 mil-surp collector Forum Contributor

I too agree with the drama on Top Shot,way to much of it.I found myself yelling at the TV,SHUT UP AND SHOOT!!!!!!!!.I realize that they could not hear me,but it made me feel better.My son and I only watched the first two shows then said enough of this.

As far as the Mosin Nagant safety,didn't somebody post something about a small ring that they had welded on the back of the bolt so you could grab it with one finger and just pull and twist?

16. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

cock it when you need to shoot and keep your boogerhook off the **** trigger if you can't work the safety or get confused on which way to turn the bolt.

17. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

the few that i watched NO they DID not and for what i saw they did not use it on any gun that they shot. the just left open chambers.

18. Mosaka

Mosaka G&G Newbie

I asked one of the contestants ... we'll see if he replys

19. waterdog

waterdog G&G Enthusiast

The lady Tara did with the bretta 92 but it had been left off when she got it and she put it on when she was going to shoot, and it cost her .