TORNADO WARNING !!!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by CalifgirlinOk, May 7, 2008.

1. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

At this time we are under a tornato warning and also it has been rainning since 8:30am.Oklahoma is in a world of hurt right now....The satilite will be kicking me off real soon so I just thought I would let you all know what is going on here.I will get back to you as soon as I can.It's heading into MO,KAN and some parts of AK...........:sad2: High Winds 50-60+ mpr

2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Y'all take good care up there. We had some north of us here, but most stuff kinda fizzled out in the DFW area.

3. toolman

toolman Resident Sasquatch Forum Contributor

Take Care and God Bless guys.

4. TexasT

TexasT Devil's Advocate >:) Forum Contributor Forum Contributor

Get off the computer and hide!!!! Be safe. Hope you got your SHTF rations already stocked up.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob G&G Evangelist

50 to 60 mile mph winds? That's a calm day in Oklahoma. "Whatcha frettin for sugar"? Get in the "fraidy hole" until it blows through.:09:

6. Midas

Midas Chief Troll B' Gone Forum Contributor

Please, be safe

7. CalifgirlinOk

It's been called off and the winds have died down.Now I can breath-Scotty wasn't home and I got alittle scared being here alone.He'll act like it's no big deal but to me it is.Thanks all of you.Ark is getting alot of rain at this time..!!!!

8. Brother Bob

It's heading this way. That means I'll sleep good tonight. Glad you didn't blow away. Tell Scotty, Brother Bob says, Hi! :)

9. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

it ain't ALL a picknick here in the Heartland.

Best to you. I'm certain you will be OK.

10. CalifgirlinOk

BB hold on tight and get the boat out because you just might need it.....LOL

11. Hey your not alone. We are all here with ya.

12. Brother Bob

I think we're pushing 30 inches of rain so far this year. The rivers are bank-full and any more rain will cause more flooding. We got 4.78 inches last Friday. My backyard is so full of frogs that I have to collect them before I mow. :09:

13. Curiously, . . .

. . . . those of us in the Texas Panhandle (traditional tornado alley)
    are seeing fewer big storms as this year the alley seems to be
    moving to the east.

Good luck.

14. TXplt

Y'all be careful and hope things work out. It rained for 40 days and 40 nights here last year in June--didn't need an ark but the lakes were pretty full. Some flooding, but the Corps of Engineers did the best they could letting the water out down the Brazos and Trinity. Take care--the storms are now somewhere east of us here. Might have your kit ready just in case....

15. Brother Bob

Yeah, Lake Texoma was going over the spillway and that's with all the gates open.

16. TXplt

Possum Kingdom was T+G for a bit (letting out the dam, etc), but it worked out in the end. We're on fairly high ground for the region here, but I did find the website where the COE posts the lake levels and water flow #'s.

I do think they did a pretty good job given the situation, though. We did have our stuff ready just in case.

17. Sooner Shooter

Sooner Shooter G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Which is worse CGO? Ground that shakes or wind that circles? There's just no place to hide is there?

18. Were under warnings now. The weather radio and the T.V says it pretty bad and is on the way.
    No it's just hit and it's raining hard and the the wind is blowing like a you what.
    I'll be back, I've got to go look, this is nasty right now...Mike

19. mitch_mckee

mitch_mckee Guest

We'll be waiting. I can't do nutin' but fret....:sad2:

20. Were getting hammered !!! I've got to shut down I'll see yall later.
    The wind and rain is really bad with some lihgtning.
    Prayers welcomed !!!
    Love yall...A.H