Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
I'd say it's just whichever one you want the most. $$$-wise, they're pretty well even unless the '03 is in better than average condition. The ad didn't say if any half-moon clips come with it so that'll be another expense to look at if you make the trade. If you want it, I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would agree with the Toolman! It depends on which one you would perfer having. Then again, if you've got the $700 i'd buy it out right and have both!

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
That would be a tough call, it kinda depends on which gun you prefer or collect...For me it would depend on the Condition of the 1917...All original in top shape and no refinish, I would probably trade . I love Colts...
Rich

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the input guys. Since I have a SA 1903, I decided to trade my 1903/A3 for the Colt. I just brought it home, and am happy with the trade. He included a WWI pistol belt, with 1911 ammo pouch, and a 1942 dated first aid kit that is unopened. The rifling on the pistol looks pretty good. The finish on the pistol isn't pristine, but it's not too bad either. After all, it is a 90 year old pistol. Unfortunately he didn't have any half-moon clips to go with it. I'll have to pick some up. I've been looking and Numrich Arms has them. I'm also looking for a holster for it. I was wondering, I've seen pictures of how the holster is worn on the pistol belt, and from what I've seen, it's on the right hand side, with the but facing forward. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts