Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked to a guy this morning about this exact offer. My Norinco SKS for his Bushmaster AR-15 A2. It's a interesting deal. I have wanted a Ar for some time but never had all the money at once. As for the stats. My SKS has a Tapco T6 Stock a NC Star Bipod a receiver scope mount a broken Barska scope. The original fixed magazine and 2 30 round magazines. He has only 1 30 round magazine and the hard case. Any thoughts on this trade? If I go look at his Ar any trouble spots I should look for? Any advice would be a huge help.

P.S. He said will take 650 cash or the trade.

·
Registered
15,235 Posts
It is my opinion you should turn this deal down if you want him to be friends anymore.Has he had a mental exam lately? sam.

·
Registered
11,922 Posts
In other words, that's way too good a deal for you for you not to worry about one thing or another. Maybe see if you can run the serial number of the AR and give it a thorough inspection.

I agree with sam for the most part. But some people are crazy and/or have strange priorities. And sometimes it's your turn to be lucky.

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
Or he just doesn't know what he has and how much it's worth. A Bushy AR for $650 is not bad deal actually, especially if it's used. I messed up once by not buying a post ban Colt AR HBAR with a removable carry handle. I could have picked it up for about $600-$700(don't ever listen to your wife on guns if you know it's a good deal. I did and I don't have the gun) because he didn't know what it was worth. Now, he knew a lot about guns, but all older stuff, never dealt with the new stuff.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well I don't know what the guy thinks about the deal just yet. He seemed pretty interested in it. I think I may have had him when I started explaining all the things that come with my SKS I must admit I have a lot in the SKS I paid 125 for the rifle then 95 for the first scope I had, the scope mount and the T6 Stock. Then another 25 for the 30mm scope rings, Then 80 for the Barska scope, and 20 for the bipod, and then about 5 for some stripper clips and 20 for a gun case. all in all I have close to 400 in it. We will see what he says.

I am with you AH I want to get him to come out to the range with me. I want to see what this Bushy can or can't do before I trade. I have never had one problem with my SKS no FTE or FTF's ever. You can run the cheapest ammo through it and still begs for more.

I know that the AR is alittle more picky when it come to ammo and being clean. I will keep ya'll posted on what happens. I still want to get a Saiga as well. So I may just sell the Norinco and get one. Although it would be cool to have a safe full of rifles I want ones that will shoot as well.

Just wanted to add a link where the AR can be seen. This is the one he wants to trade.southeasttexas.com - Classifieds - Results

·
Banned
3,876 Posts
It could also be that he doesn't like the AR, but really likes SKS's. Sometimes getting what you want and keeping it simple can go a long way with money.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If the AR is a sold gun I say go for it. You could buy and build another SKS and still be ahead, don't ya think? Maybe you found a nitch, get SKS's deck them out and trade them off to suckers!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I just might have found my Niche there Jashoffa. I already do that with everything else I get. Cars computers and everything in between. I have been thinking maybe I should see what I can get for my "tricked" out FEG PA-63. They sell for about 200 but mine has all the work you can do to one just about. I couldn't get another sweet deal like I did on my SKS though. I mean I bought the rifle for just 125. It's pretty nice but the furniture on it was junk. Thats how it ended up all fixed up.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sound too good to be true. He must be drunk:friday::684:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yea well we will see. I mean this is the deal of a lifetime for me. I don't know he may think that I got something super special. I hyped it up pretty good and it does look pretty sweet. Maybe he got a killer deal on it and is just wanting something different you never know.

No dice he didn't bite. Oh well It was worth a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts