Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trail cameras I keep out around my house just to see the critters that come by. Too many houses nearby so they do not live here but follow the clear stream that comes within 50 yards of the house about 2 miles to a river. We recently had a minor flood and one such camera was completely underwater for much of the day, It sits about 14-15 inches off the ground the water was over 3 feet. The camera sits near the end of this picture on the left, shot taken from my deck.
Note the dates on the pictures. In the second shot you see high weeds behind, a few days later a brush hogged the whole area so you will see the brush is short in the third picture. This cat is showing up every few days, about 60 yards from the house. Got several pictures of him.
Water Sky Plant Tree Natural landscape

Plant Eye Natural landscape Tree Fawn

This first shot of the cat is June 3rd, the flood was June 27th and the second picture of the cat was July 13th. Not as good a photo but the cheap little Wildgame camera was underwater at least 12 hours. Note the cat is there at 8 am and 10 am, got to watch my small dogs. Thought folks might be surprised at the quality of those cheap trail cames, they are bottom of the line but held up well.

Plant Felidae Tree Small to medium-sized cats Fawn

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow! Great pictures! Isn't it unusual to see a Bobcat up and about at that time?
Normally they should be holed up shortly after daylight, according to the experts, but that is simply not true here. I have them on that camera and two others going back many years. Many in the daytime. Both of these pictures and several others show them going south toward town, a half mile that way is 30-40 houses. There is a house behind him if you look close, it is across the creek but not over about60-70 yards from him. He is about 60 yards from my house.

The area is shaded, some of those trees are 60-70 foot tall and 4 foot trunks, so they feel safe. We had a momma and 4 raccoons there 2 nights ago and turkeys there every few days, it is a game trail, but I throw food scraps out by the camera, notice the watermelon. We love to see them. A few more pics from that camera.

Note the last pic, 1:52 pm.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And those Wildgame brand cameras were 3 for $99 at Academy a few years ago, and work after being submerged. Not everything you buy is junk. I am going to go back and look through them and see if the got any pics while under water or while water was slightly below the camera?

And yep we have some raccoons. Here are a few from that one and another camera about 50 yards south of that one, on a deer feeder. Some of these are older but we have hundreds of critters on film, maybe thousands all of them 50-100 yards from where we live. Old house and we can afford much better, but you can see why we stay, we love critters.

Attachments

Premium Member
Normally they should be holed up shortly after daylight, according to the experts, but that is simply not true here. I have them on that camera and two others going back many years. Many in the daytime. Both of these pictures and several others show them going south toward town, a half mile that way is 30-40 houses. There is a house behind him if you look close, it is across the creek but not over about60-70 yards from him. He is about 60 yards from my house.

The area is shaded, some of those trees are 60-70 foot tall and 4 foot trunks, so they feel safe. We had a momma and 4 raccoons there 2 nights ago and turkeys there every few days, it is a game trail, but I throw food scraps out by the camera, notice the watermelon. We love to see them. A few more pics from that camera.

Note the last pic, 1:52 pm.
Dang! You got it all our there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts