close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

training classes

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by rookie, Mar 26, 2002.

1. rookie

rookie G&G Newbie

alright, i was looking at nra.com and found some classes offered around my area. Has anybody ever taken one of these? are they any good? is this just some guy teaching me at his house? or is it nicely set up?
    Has anybody had anygood experiences with training courses that could reccomend something for me specfically , if they live in Illinois?

2. Jesse

Jesse G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Don't know about Illinois... Ohio has Hocking College, a great place for shooting classes bu I don't know their schedule or format. The NRA is great for teaching... I hope to get my instructor certification soon...

Jesse

3. wes

wes G&G Newbie

I was an NRA certified Instructor. Yes, they are professional,well trained people. They will get you started off the right way. Good shooting.

4. rookie

rookie G&G Newbie

alright i found a gun store w/a shooting range that is close to me and they provide classes through the nra. i am proably goin tonite to check it out.

5. wes

wes G&G Newbie

Good move. You'll enjoy it,have fun.

6. rookie ---

did you ever go to that class?? I live in Palos Hills and I am interested. Please respond.

Ltcboy

7. rookie

rookie G&G Newbie

no i haven't gone yet, not until i'm 21...but the website is www.nitac.org
    check it out
    or the there is a place in plainfield called mega sports
    www.megasportsfirearms.com
    they suposely allow you to rent guns out and stuff like that...
    i plan on doing 1 of those if not both this summer...if you go before then let me know...